CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

So I tore my heart out last week

evolve991

Resident Problem Child
Reaction score
My Suburban fragged the tranny in Baltimore. I had a choice between chasing it down after it was towed and paying the fees just to get my tags to turn in....or......get the insulting chump change a scrap yard would give me. So I tore ass down Rt40 in reverse a few blocks and committed Suburbicide :(

But since I don't seem to ever learn I'm already brainstorming on my next 'burban. Possibly a square body on a newer Silverado chassis or along those lines. Maryland just cracked down on Historic tags,etc and I want the next beast to pass inspection with modern amenities.

tRustyK5

Big meanie
Staff member
Super Moderator
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
couldn't have been towed to a transmission shop? I'm missing something I swear.

evolve991

Resident Problem Child
Reaction score
I didn't mention exactly how flat broke I was. No tow money,no friends with tow bar,no money for another transmission adventure. This was my daily beast and I was trying to finish up 2 jobs in order to have any cash at all. Then the cops tagged it for tow. No options.

As much as I hated admitting it the beast was too far gone. All rubber shot,body in bad shape,needed LOTS of catching up and my wife decided not being evicted was more important.

I'll be finding a place to even begin working on my next Chevy. No more wingin' it

tRustyK5

Big meanie
Staff member
Super Moderator
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
Aahh, dang dude. That reads like a country song.

Better luck with the next one, I've been down that road too. Ten shades of suck...

K30Blazer

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
damn man. Tough times take tough men. At least you didn't get $10 million in jewelry stolen today (sometimes I really loathe people). Wishing you luck homey

evolve991

Resident Problem Child
Reaction score
LMAO yeah trusty it does.....and I don't LIKE country songs LOL. 4wheel you know it...this isn't my first broken gearhead heart either...had to sell my 72 Skylark once because of insurance fiascos. But the truck was literally shaking itself apart,the trans filter actually fell into the pan which started the trans failure. She was grinding and popping on the frame and at joints going around corners. I took too many poor man shortcuts building her. Next time........

Top Bottom