CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Softopper safari mode

radzzz1972k5

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
20210602_225530.jpg
Used gray ones as to not stain or discolor the inside of the top. Wanted some color ones to match the paint. Cut down the flapping sounds dramatically

Bigb55

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's pretty much how my top stays 90% of the time. I have Driven 70 mph no problems. Make sure to double loop the rear straps to keep them tight at the buckle. Mine loosened up on the freeway once.

radzzz1972k5

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got these battery terminals on eBay. Heavy duty and great price. Gonna upgrade to mechman alternator. Provides places for different wires with alen wrench connections.

20210602_225639.jpg

20210602_225625.jpg

radzzz1972k5

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's pretty much how my top stays 90% of the time. I have Driven 70 mph no problems. Make sure to double loop the rear straps to keep them tight at the buckle. Mine loosened up on the freeway once.
At 70mph is it loud inside? I could not hear my girlfriend talk.

Bigb55

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
At 70mph is it loud inside? I could not hear my girlfriend talk.

With top rolled up, It's about as loud as an older convertible car. Mostly wind noise, very little flapping noise. When I had bare floors the wind noise was amplified, kind of bounced around in the cab. But with the carpet in now, it's similar to having all the windows down on our 2019 pacifica.

With the top buttoned up, and my carpet installed, I was able to talk to my wife comfortably and hear the kids in the back seat.

My only concern is the front windows. Not sure how it will keep water out if it rains. The top flap covers the window well. But the rear side goes behind the window.

radzzz1972k5

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
With top rolled up, It's about as loud as an older convertible car. Mostly wind noise, very little flapping noise. When I had bare floors the wind noise was amplified, kind of bounced around in the cab. But with the carpet in now, it's similar to having all the windows down on our 2019 pacifica.

With the top buttoned up, and my carpet installed, I was able to talk to my wife comfortably and hear the kids in the back seat.

My only concern is the front windows. Not sure how it will keep water out if it rains. The top flap covers the window well. But the rear side goes behind the window.
Have not tried mine in the rain yet. Driving down the road or just sitting. Ive been careful at the car wash. Been raining daily in San Antonio. Time to test it out!

Top Bottom