Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE Membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Spray-on texture, grip, kinda stuff?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dremu, May 9, 2004.

1. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Looking for something to spray onto the doorsills of my as-yet-virtual half doors, with some nice texture to it, like a scuff plate or something.

I know 3M makes some stick-on stuff that's like sandpaper on the top, gives you traction. I'd like something that's paintable, though... can you get any of these brush-on bedliners in small quantities, and are they paintable?

-- A

2. smprider112

smprider112 1/2 ton status

ya, either the spray on bedliner or the brush on kind...also works good for lining the inside of a gutted truck.

3. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Yep what he said... bedliner in the spray can. Walmart has it in black and white and it is paintable.

4. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Bedliner in a spray can? As in rattle can? Wow... I gotta pay more attention at Wally World. (I thought the Krylon "ultraflat" camo range was the shiznit!)

-- A

5. lifethroughdeath

lifethroughdeath 1/2 ton status

and if for some "crazy" reason you can't find the bed liner in a can, you can look for a product called SKID-TEX, any paint store should carry. It' comes in a rattle can and is clear, and paintable. It's used as a traction aid on stairs, ladders, etc... I worked at a paint store for 2 years and sold a lot of that sheeit. But i would first look for the bedliner in a can /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Nate /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif