Stereo in my convertible K5 (which is FOR SALE by the way)

Discussion in 'Audio' started by 73Topless91, Jul 9, 2002.

1. 73Topless91

73Topless91 Registered Member

<font color="#666666"> My main post is in the 'For Sale' forum. Thought stereoholics &amp; bass fans would be interested in some specifics regarding my stereo, so here are details-- AM/FM cassette &amp; single CD in dash, 6-disc CD changer installed in Tuffy security box, 2 additional amplifiers, $700 JL Audio Stealthbox subwoofer (hidden in center console/ armrest) JL Audio.com.
    Head unit is 1.5 DIN size, &amp; was the top of the line Jensen at time I bought it. Was also the only option I could find that had 1.5 DIN, CD changer controls, in-dash single CD, &amp; cassette. Front speakers: Blaupunkt components. Rear: Pioneer 6x9s. Went with the subwoofer up front &amp; personal to help with laws of physics when I go convertible (which is always!). In other words, what sounds like great bass in most trucks disappears when you take off the top. I'm glad to say I made the right choice. The system's sound is awesome, just like the rest of the rig.
    Makes my K5 almost as much fun sitting still &amp; listening to tunes as it is to drive!

Following is the original post in the 'For Sale' forum, which has a link to photos of the stereo. (My apologies to moderator Prembird if you think I'm bending any rules - delete, move or modify as necessary.)</font color>
    High-resolution photographs: custom 1973 K5 photographs

1973 K5 Blazer, highly customized. Fully convertible with new soft top (Specialty Top Co.), excellent condition hard top, custom bikini top. 1991 fuel-injected 350 engine. Lifted w/ new BF Goodrich A/T KO tires. 1997 Chevy Tahoe power seats. Air conditioning.
    [​IMG]
    Appraised at $21,200. I'll scan the document &amp; post on the photograph website later. More details to come. Make an offer!
    Answers to some posts:
    VIN- CKY183F108799. VIN may not be helpful: from my experience, CarFax-type reports don't go back to 1973. Let me know if you find otherwise. As a result, mileage uncertified. '91 engine is well-cared for; fellow that sold it to me said it had 10k miles, but undocumented. Odometer reads 6,200 miles. Located in beautiful Colorado.
    <font color="brown">Contact by e-mail: </font color>kyoblonski@aol.com
    High-resolution photographs: custom 1973 K5 photographs

2. blazerboy72

blazerboy72 1/2 ton status

what kind of wheel are thoughs model? brand? thanx

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

They look like Centerline Hellcat's........

4. 73Topless91

73Topless91 Registered Member

Re: Wheels (Re: Stereo in my convertible K5)

<font color="green"> If you have any responses to my original post above, please write them here: my main post in the 'For Sale' forum <font color="green"> </font color> . Thanks - I may not get to posts in the Audio forum as quickly. Plus, there's some interesting responses to my 'For Sale' post to read there.</font color>

BlazerBoy- Do you like the wheels? They're my favorite, &amp; I got lucky finding them - the same model isn't made by Centerline anymore. Some of their new wheels that almost look as good are their HT Style 33 Hellcats [​IMG] and their Style 00 Convo Pros [​IMG]
    Luckily, if you want my exact style of wheels, I know 1 place where you can still get them:
    Buy my truck! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif
    Where can I see some pix &amp; details on your '72?
    Steph- I checked out your '86 K5 - a beautiful beast. That's gotta be a killer stereo, too.