CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

TBI acting like its loading up at low speeds(idling around the woods)

scoutillac

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
When I am out wheelin or just idling through the wood lookin' for a helpless meal on four legs my burb starts kind of surging like when a carb loads up. How do I fix/prevent this problem? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Damn I'm full of questions today.

scoutillac

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
No codes. Timing is set to specks and I believe I have all the vac leaks fixed. But there are so many lines. If I spray carb cleaner under the air cleaner it doesn't die out. That is how I was told to find a vac leak.

Thunder

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
Maby check the TB base gasket. They go bad and cause vacume leaks.
BTW Spraying carb cleaner to find vacume leaks is a good way to start a fire.Bad plug wire=spark=BOOM! Water in a spray bottle works just as good and is a lot safer. RPMs drop when it sucks water in thru a vacume leak.

HarryH3

1 ton status
Author
Reaction score
Don't overlook the simple stuff as well. A distributor cap that has outlived its usefulness can cause crossfiring that will first be most noticeable at low RPM. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

scoutillac

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
It has been awhile since I changed the cap and rotor. Come to think of it I really need to get off my butt and tune it up thoroughly. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Top Bottom