CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

TBI Wiring question

justinf

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Okay, I recently picked up an 81 CJ7 and I am wiring up an 87 TBI 350 in it. I have traced most everything out, but I can't figure out what a couple of wires are. In the plug on the firewall, there is an orange wire, a dark brown wire, and a purple with white wire that I can not figure out what they go to. I have looked through the Haynes manual, but still nothing.

Also, there are two relays that mount to the firewall from the 87, one is the fuel pump relay, and I can't figure out what the other one is. I can not find it in any wiring diagrams and haven't spent a lot of time searching through the harness.

Please let me know if you guys know what any of these are for.

Thanks,

dyeager535

1 ton status
Premium Member
Solutions
Reaction score
What was the donor vehicle? If it had an electric fan, that would be what the other relay was.

justinf

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I'll have to check, all I know is it was an 87 2WD pickup, 3/4 ton I think, but not sure. It came from a buddy of mine, I may have to check with him.

frankin5

Super Mall Crawler
Premium Member
Reaction score
second relay if the truck was 3/4 ton with 400 is the kick-down relay for the 400 trans. wires=orange,lite brown/black stripe and pink with black stripe. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

justinf

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I will have to check to make sure which computer it is. I have the wiring diagrams from the Haynes, but if you have some other wiring diagrams, I would appreciate you sending them to me. I'll post up tonight which one it is.

Top Bottom