Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE Membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Th400 Help Wanted

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 74BBPowerHouse, Jun 26, 2006.

1. 74BBPowerHouse

74BBPowerHouse Registered Member

Hey I got a ? for you. No one seems to be able to give me the answer im looking for. I have my 74 with the built 454. Well i got 120 miles on the break in and blew the tranny up. It has a th350 and 205 right now. I want to convert it to a th400. What th400's will work for me? I see long shaft and short shafts (dont know the difference). If you know of anybody with one in my area (OREGON) i need the tranny with adapter for a 205 and the linkage im assuming? correct me if im wrong. I just need to know exactly what to get...Thanks for the help.

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

Build(s):
    to go th400 swap you need kick down switch setup for gas pedel.
    and then 400 case with the correct 4x4 shaft. also the 400 to 205 adaptor. then need a 32 spline input and have the tcase bored out for the bigger bearing that the 32 spline takes. and a few other goodys.

i have lots of friends running 454 and th350s . if it is built correctly it should hold up.

what happened to yours ? and how was it built. ?

dont forget 400 takes 20 more hp to spin threw bigger parts eating power. also the first and second gear is not as deep.