CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

this sounds dumb, but please reply

purple76pearl

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
ok guys i know this sounds dumb but i have been racking my brain for like 2 months on this one
my 1986 blazer is in the body shop as of 2 days ago starting to be rebuilt so i can put my lift and drive train under it for a daily driver leving my 76 to really build for off road
my prob is this
my 1986 has a tan like interior and was originally 2 tone tan and brown, once i get the body work donw and cowl hood and billet grill and stuff in it, money is about gone so i cant redo my interior(which is in really great shape) so i need to know what color i should paint it
i know this seems petty but i would like some advise
what would look good thats my question
here is a pic of the interior color, please help me
interior1.jpg

interior2.jpg

/forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

the few colors i had come up with are as follows
<font color="black">black</font>
-<font color="white">white</font>-
<font color="red">red</font>
<font color="blue">blue metalic</font>
<font color="orange">* i really wanted orange, like bright orange, but dont think it would match*</font>
but thats what i have in mind
tell me what you think im open for any and all suggestions

84gmcjimmy

1 ton status
Reaction score
Gloss black or flat black, depends on how you want the trail pinstripping to show up. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

bigcountryk5

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
The right color of green would look good IMO ---i.e. a dark or Hunter green /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gifThink of how tan and this green work together in camo

Can Can

Pusher Man
Reaction score
Black with a red insert looks sharp and came from the factory in 86. I'm biased though because that's my favorite paint scheme- I wish I had found a truck that color when I bought my truck.

FWIW, my 83 pickup has the exact same interior as yours and is painted metallic medium brown with the tan insert. It looks sharp. I'll try and dig up a pic for you........

I found a pic of my pickup from last year when I was part of the volunteer mosquito control program out at my rec property. The thingamajig in the back of the truck is a fogger.

diesel_fogger.jpg

cybrfire

1 ton status
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I would say Deep green or Red would look the best. Probably a forest green though.

dyeager535

1 ton status
Premium Member
Solutions
Reaction score
All I have to say is that black is the most overly done color on the planet. That is the ONLY way you can make your vehicle as common as a Honda Civic..go with a black interior. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm a bit of a purist (actually a lot) so I've yet to see an interior color that WASN'T factory that I thought looked nice. All of them end up being too gaudy for my taste, either it's too much of the same color (black vehicle with black interior) or too bright (green, yellow, you name it).

As much as I dislike black interiors, I think a combo of the factory black and gray is nice looking depending on exterior color...gray panels, dash, seats etc., with black carpet. This is just personal preference though, do what makes you happy, because you'll have a hard time finding someone that likes exactly what you like.

gm4x

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I had an '85 CJ-7 I did a spring-over on w/40's. It had a Saddle color interior. Ended up with a Teal (blue) body &amp; painted the hardtop close to interior. Even color-matched the wheels to the top. Looked better than it sounds. Whatever color you pick....be sure it's one (or more) that YOU like.

purple76pearl

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
thanks guys, i never even though about going back with the 2 tone i was just going with a solid color, and i do like the greens you mentioned, but since someone said it had fac orange with tan interior, im gonna give it a whirl see how it comes out, when i get this rig done ill post pics of it for you guys, thanks again

84gmcjimmy

1 ton status
Reaction score
I'll be doing my blazer camo with Olive green and black spots. Not for a few years though /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Z3PR

Banned
Reaction score
There are dyes you can get to change the color. It's always easier to go darker. So depending on what color you paint the truck, .... well, you know.

purple76pearl

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
i dont know about the paint it self, but i do like that color, wonder what it looks like on a test panel, lol
and b t w, that ord rig in the green, is bad ass good job guys

79Stomper

1/2 ton status
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
My 84 Jimmy has the same interior and is a two tone tan and whit. The 79 has brown interior and it is a two tone black/tan. I am doing the interior in it gray. Bought some seat covers and going to rattle can the dash and anything that can be painted with it. Carpet kit is a few hundred but it will change the color. Hope gray goes good with a camo paint job /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Good lUck, you have my vote for Orange. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Top Bottom