CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

tire repair question

sandawgk5

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
I picked up a nail about 1 inch from the sidewall can I get that patched or do I have to dump money on tires. Dont have much money so tires would be a bummer I am running my spare but it is a spare not exactly brand new ya know.

Thanks

Poohbair

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
depends where you go, some shops wont touch it, others will just put a big patch on it and call it a day. Try to find a SMALL tire shop and you will have a better chance on getting it done...

jacksprat1599

Registered Member
Reaction score
If its still in the tread,plug it.If you don't like plugs the small tire shop is a great idea.Most chain stores don't have a problem if it is still in the tread.

pauly383

Daddy383
Reaction score
Plugs work fine. Autozone has a tire repair kit . I carry one at all times . Did it to my 31's , wheeled on em to. They are still in my garage with AIR in them. But a patch is better idea. I recommend letting a tire shop do it if your in town , and plugging them yourself on the trail. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

boggerless

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
is it a bias ply, if so a tube works great. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

84gmcjimmy

1 ton status
Reaction score
Put JB weld over the hole /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Pookster

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Go to walmart, and get it patch/plugged.They use a single patcher/plugger. They are the only ones that i know of who go that extra distance to do it.

Top Bottom