CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Tire size question

DMR

Reaction score
My '75 Jimmy has been sitting in a garage for 10 + years. My dad has graciously agreed to start working on it (hooray!). Only problem is that we won't be able to get it onto a trailer as it is now. All 4 tires are flat & wont hold air. I was just going to get some used tires in order to get it up on the trailer and to sit in my dad's shop (no driving on them). He lives 3 1/2 hours away from me.

I don't know much at all about tires and such. We want to get the thinnest tires we can (so it'll fit width wise on the trailer). I believe 235 75 R15's are standard but those would be too big (and no used tire shop around me has them anyway). What size can I fit onto the rims so we can get this bad boy trailered up and worked on?

Thanks so much for your response(s).

TJ1978

I have MANY questions
Premium Member
Reaction score
How many lugs?

option? These may only be good with 5 lugs, not sure what else they offer. They aren't cheap either, so maybe disregard them. 4 beater tires would be cheaper

DMR

Reaction score
How many lugs?

option? These may only be good with 5 lugs, not sure what else they offer. They aren't cheap either, so maybe disregard them. 4 beater tires would be cheaper

Not sure on how many lugs at the moment as I'm not with the vehicle right now. Thanks for the suggestion on the Guniwheel. Those ARE kinda pricey! Called a few used tire places and they'll sell me used tires @ 40 bucks a pop (I need all 4 of course). Just hope I can get some that'll work and then be able to fit the car on the trailer. Thanks for your help!

CharlieC

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Look on Facebook marketplace or Craigslist for someone selling 4 ready to go. Even with free tires, you’re going to spend around $200 to get the old ones unmounted and new ones mounted.

If it’s a ‘75 4x4, you’ll have 6 lug, 5.5 bolt pattern wheels, lots of interchange with others as well, Jeep, etc. Make sure they are 4x4 wheels, since the hub is larger.

Charlie

Top Bottom