Trim Options

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Captain Dave, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Captain Dave

Captain Dave Registered Member Premium Member

I have been searching the forums on this topic and can't find any information newer than 2003. My 1972 K5 Blazer has the following trim codes on the SPID on the glove box:

1Z8410 Cheyene Equipment
    167110 Custom Trim Combination
    1YG810 Special Promotional

Can anyone tell me what these codes mean? I would like to build the truck back to the original specs but i need to know what they are.

Thx,
    Captain Dave

2. bigblock72

bigblock72 Elmer's glue taste tester Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Z84 denotes Cheyenne package which is a CST on a Blazer
    671 is Gray plaid interior
    YG8 is the Highlander package "C" which is the highest package, so it would have A/C, tinted windows, auto trans etc.

Just those three codes show that your Blazer was extremely nice and very well optioned when new. I would like to see a picture of the SPID.

Capt Ron likes this.
  3. Captain Dave

Captain Dave Registered Member Premium Member

Sorry, bigblock72 for the delay. A pic of the SPID for my vehicle is below.

While I have you distracted, The truck is at original suspension height by choice. The front end has always been little higher than the rear which is probably the way it was built. I put new springs, bushings and shocks on the front. Now it nearly 2" higher and I don't like the look. What would you recommend for an economical 2" lift in the rear? It most likely will never be off-roaded seriously.

Thanks for the help.
    Capt Dave

SPID Pic.jpg