i know some of you have changed a lot more u-joints than i have, including having to macgyver the thing with bubble gum and a gi joe thermos (or something). well, i pulled my driveshaft off, sunday, and can't seem to dislodge the bearing caps from the shaft, now. tried the basics: vice and sockets, huge c-clamp and sockets, and TAPPED with the 2lb sledge. i'm very reluctant to slam with the 2lber or break out the bigger sledges, because i have a tendency to smash things all to he77 when i start banging on them. and by the way, yes, i did remove the c-clips. the dang caps are just cemented by years (maybe decades) or dirt, rust and grime. we all know how that goes. soaked it in motor oil, overnight, and that didn't help. i have a feeling this will end with my reciprocating saw and a sledge hammer.