Ok, I guess since I'm actually getting somewhere I'll start a build thread. As most know I am currently running a '79 Ford HP60 in the front and a 14 bolt out back. The 60 is stuffed with Superior 35 spline inners and stubs with CTM joints, 5.13 gears on an ARB locker, and 4340 Drive Flanges. The 14 is running a detroit and 5.13's along with yukon 4340 cut-to-fit shafts. Now, that may sound impressive but it's a bomb waiting to go off with 47" tires and 7500 pounds of truck above them. When I ran spicer shafts in the 60 and spicer joints, I went through a set a trip at least with 42's. I upgraded to Yukon shafts and spicer joints and started breaking joints which would rip the ears off the shafts. The warranty on the yukons took care of me but breakage sucked. So I went with the Superior sand haven't broke but the splines are twisted and there waiting to go. So, time for an upgrade. Around 2 years ago I saw a thread on pirate started by Station showing his newly acquired U1300 axles. They were sexay. They had massive shafts, cv steering joints, 5" of portal drop, and were rated at 5 tons with air lockers factory! Started doing some research and found they were a bit wide at 79" so I looked at some other stuff and found late model U419 disc braked axles. They use the same guts as the U1300 but are narrower at 71" with stock discs. They also run the late model portal box shared with the U1300 which is a much thicker and stronger unit than the earlier 406 and 416 drum braked axles. Gear ratio is 6.67 or something like that, can't remember at the moment... So I hunted and found a set of rather new U419's and bought them. They were in excellent shape or so I thought. When I tore into the front it was great, but the rear had been sitting with a tear in the torque tube boot and the diff and left side portal were full of rust and water. The portal was locked up solid. So slowly I found another portal box and cleaned the gears in the diff but then found I needed new bearings and seals and that was getting over $500 so I decided to wait till I found another front U419 for rear steer instead of wasting money on an axle I'd change out later. So fast forward to last week and I found one, a nice looking U416 late model axle complete for cheap. Reason it was cheap was it had a busted steering joint on one side but I'm upgrading shafts so it doesn't matter. It will be here next Thursday so look for updates then.