CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

Weekend wheelin video

burbBoy

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Still too much ice/snow up here for wheelin. It sure was a fun atempt though. The dual trannys held but my clutch decided to toss a spring from the disc on the way home.So after that is all fixed i will finally get off my lazy butt and do a write up and photos of the dual trannys.

VIDEO

mudhog

THEGAME
Reaction score
very cool video looks like fun /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Stomper

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Nice video /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif Looks cold /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

MTBLAZER89

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Cool vid looks like a blast. Great tunes too /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

84gmcjimmy

1 ton status
Reaction score
Nice video, that orange truck had a interesting exhaust setup /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

heavy4x4

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
/forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

I'll have to do a ride with you guys some day when my 'burb has a chance to make it through that stuff. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

CyberSniper

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
You'd be surprised what you could get through with your Suburban. You'd have to ditch the steps and be willing to get some scratches from brush.

burbBoy

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
dual trannies?

what does that do for you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I now have 10 different forward gear ratios to chose from, a 350:1 crawl ratio, and lots of confusing shifters so no one else has to drive my truck /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

heavy4x4

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
You'd be surprised what you could get through with your Suburban. You'd have to ditch the steps and be willing to get some scratches from brush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Steps are going in favor of sliders this summer...and scratches I can do.
What's gonna stop me is 33" AT's, open diffs, and an anchor known by the more common name of 14 bolf FF. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

burbBoy

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Take a road trip up sometime. The owner of the grey truck in the video is from horicon which isnt too far from you if i remember right.

heavy4x4

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Yeah, Horicon's not too far away. I've been there several times for goose hunting.

Let me know next time you guys take another run...can't guarantee I'll be able to go, but I'd definitely like to.

CyberSniper

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I ran open differentials and 33" MTs with no lift for a LONG time. I did alright, nothing spectacular. Pick a line, stick with that line with contingency plans, and remember that momentum (not speed) is your friend.

I haven't had the lockers and lift even a year. The lockers make it about 10x easier.

The only thing that ever stopped me were potential for dents and Spaz with an axe.

burbBoy

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
We will be on a run pretty much every weekend from now through the first week or two of May. Any weekend you can take a ride up just let us know.

CyberSniper

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pretty much go somewhere every Saturday morning. The last "real" run will probably be the 24th. There will probably be some people going May 1st but that's the last weekend before final exam week. People usually start heading home that next weekend (8th) but a few will stick around for the weekend to do some more wheeling/break [darn] before they haul it home.

There's very few of us up here during the summer. I don't know if there will be any fullsizes around this summer besides me.

heavy4x4

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
Pretty much go somewhere every Saturday morning. The last "real" run will probably be the 24th. There will probably be some people going May 1st but that's the last weekend before final exam week. People usually start heading home that next weekend (8th) but a few will stick around for the weekend to do some more wheeling/break [darn] before they haul it home.

There's very few of us up here during the summer. I don't know if there will be any fullsizes around this summer besides me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bummer, I was hoping you wouldn't say that. I'm booked solid for my weekends until the end of this semester (sounds like the same time as you). I guess we'll see what the summer brings.

Top Bottom