So I decided that I wanted to check the condition and gap of my spark plugs. I take them out, clean them. They look good except the #1 and #3 had a little oil build up. While I was at it, I decided that I would re-torque my intake manifold to make sure that it was down tight. I ended up turning a few bolts about a 1/2 turn more. Then I decided that I would take off all of my plug wires and length-match them to each cylinder. I got the order confused, it started but back fired badly. The next day I got home from school and tried to get the order right again. I finally got it to run without backfiring, but my #1 cylinder used the point one position counter-clockwise from the bottom-right point that the haynes book told me to use. Finially, I have the car running, it seems to be actually running a little bit smoother, but it was pulsating. I stopped the car, popped the hood, and moved the wires away from the vaccum on the cruise control. I got going again and IT RAN SMOOTHER THAN IT EVER HAD BEFORE. Not only that, but it was quicker, and quiter. However, I did notice a slight oil smell. by now, for those who have had the stamina to complete this post, my question to you is what are your theories about what I did to my k5 to make it run better, adn what are the side effects.