along with installing some auxillary lights. first up, i was replacing the ujoints in my front driveshaft cv. on the second joint, it seems i forgot to remove the c-clips before i put it in this c-clamp type press. well, the bottom of the press is open so that whatever you're pressing will come out. so i'm really torquing on this sucker and KABOOM - out flies the top of one of the caps from my u-joint. pretty cool actually. just glad i wasn't in line with the cap - woulda hurt. i just figured that the ujoint was in bad shape and seized up, so i did it again! KABOOM! here's a few pics. here's a shot of the busted cap... and a close up... then i decided i wanted to reduce engine noise since i'm driving about 2k miles next week in a span of 2 days. my cab is set up such that i have the tranny tunnel not carpeted (the rest of the floors are - i just truck-bed-linered my tranny tunnel), so if i need to remove the tunnel to do work, it's easily accessable. makes for a lot of noise tho. so i pulled the tunnel and got a can of spray foam and... works really well tho. the noise is reduced SIGNIFICANTLY! then i decided to install some axillary lights so i can really see on the dark highways thru nevada. just some real cheap ones from walmart. they come in a kit w/ 2 lights and wiring and what not. they're hard to aim, but they'll work good once i get them aimed right. i dropped one and broke it's glass, so i had to buy a second kit to replace the glass. i'm going to use the remaining light to wire up a reverse light on a switch. lots more projects on my plate for tomorrow too... i'm stoked that school is out!!