CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

where did you mount your gauges?

dodgetruck91

Registered Member
Reaction score
just wondering if i could see some pics of where you mounted your gauges on the dash, i have to get all after market gauges and i want to avoid theh ricer effect, so far i have tach, oil, water tem, and fuel presure. any tips would be great /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

southernspeed

1/2 ton status
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Haven't got any pics but on one of my old trucks I had a tach mounted on top to the right of the dash 'pod' area facing toward me with an oil warning lamp fixed to it and a set of 4 on a mounting plate fixed at the bottom of the dash facia below the ashtray area. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif But these new A piller mounts look pretty cool but I don't think they do them for our trucks?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Yukon Jack

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I just modified my 69's stock bezel like this.

28gaugesmounted03a.jpg

unick

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
Haven't got any pics but on one of my old trucks I had a tach mounted on top to the right of the dash 'pod' area facing toward me with an oil warning lamp fixed to it and a set of 4 on a mounting plate fixed at the bottom of the dash facia below the ashtray area. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif But these new A piller mounts look pretty cool but I don't think they do them for our trucks?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive been looking for those A piller pods for o long. and I havent found any of them for our trucks.

Nick

southernspeed

1/2 ton status
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Nice work fella!What make are those clocks and does the speedo work off the standard cable? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

cochino12

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
[/ QUOTE ]

Ive been looking for those A piller pods for o long. and I havent found any of them for our trucks.

Nick

[/ QUOTE ]

Here ya go

link

84gmcjimmy

1 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
I just modified my 69's stock bezel like this.

28gaugesmounted03a.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that looks clean. That's what I am doing eventually. How hard was it? Is the black the original color? Looks really good /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

84gmcjimmy

1 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
5303dash1.JPG
5303left_side_dash.jpg
5303right_side_dash.jpg

A little spendy but kool!Bling, Bling! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, bling bling is right!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Judd

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Quick and easy. I used 2 5/8ths AutoGage mechanical gages, they are fairly cheap, fairly reliable and they are easy to find if I ever need a replacement. Oil, water, and a voltmeter. I used an additional water temp gage for my tranny temp. gage.

296918_49.jpg

bryguy00b

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
thats something i should do..is take that dumb ass clock that dont even keep time out and put my tranny gauge in there instead of under the dash were u gatta look outa the way to see it lol..

tecton

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
how do you hook up a tranny temp guage
and fuel pressure gauge, all those things

Yukon Jack

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
The gauges is used are AutoMeter's Phantom series. I bought the tach and speedo in 5" size. Te tach is electric but I had to go with the mechanical speedometer as I have a manual tranny. It will use the existing speedo cable.

I went with the smaller gauges in 2 5/8". I am using a quartz clock and then an electric temp guage, I believe there are only electric fuel guages so that is what mine is and then of course the voltmeter is electric. The fuel gauge can work with the stock sending unit.

The gauges are illuminated. They give two covers for the lights, can't recall what colors they are.

For the original tach hole I went with a 3 3/8" oil pressure gauage that is mechanical.

The gauges that require sending units, other than the fuel gauge, come with sending units.

The gauges come with attachment brackets that work very well if you are going to attach the guages with the bezels on the outside of your instrument panel. I'm not sure how people attach them when they install them totally behind there panel.

Here's a pic of the back side of the panel, mostly wired up.

The bezel originally had a silver/chrome ring around the sides and was black. I went ahead and went all black when I painted it. Really a pretty easy modification as long as you take it slow and don't like the grinder get away from you when enlarging the guage holes.

28gaugesmountedrear1a.jpg

Top Bottom