CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

Where to buy rebuilt axles?

84gmcjimmy

1 ton status
Reaction score
hey, I was planning on buying a rebuilt axle from boyce, but thought I should consider other companies that rebuild axles. So what other companies are there, and list there website so I can observe them. Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Z3PR

Banned
Reaction score
Boyce may be alittle spendy, but when you consitter what you're getting vers buying a used and rebuilding it like they do, you're in to the same dollors most likely anyways. Note, I'm only talking about the D60 from Boyce. You can get a 14 Bolt FF locally for a hella lot less.

bshewmaker

Registered Member
Reaction score
dyna trac has new castings, but they dont post their prices on their site, and the only ones i've seen in magazines are the gocart 60 /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif with the balljoint knuckles for jeep /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

sandawgk5

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
yep dynatrac only uses balljoint dana 60s and they priced me a high pinion pasenger drop with 5.13s and arb for 6700 I said thanks but no thanks.

bshewmaker

Registered Member
Reaction score
I guess you could buy a rockcrusher or dynatrac center section, crane end forgings, dedenbear knuckles, and superior chromoly axles, R&P and locker of your choice, and get the tubes from the steel yard. You'd be all set, straped for cash but set

jess

Registered Member
Reaction score
What's sickening is about 5 years ago you could get a completely rebuilt, hub to hub with brakes, painted, Dana 60 front with a Truetrac from Boyce for $1500 and 14 bolt FF with Detroit for about a grand. The same D60 front from Boyce is now about $3,000. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif 14 bolts are about $1800, painted and ready to go with a Detroit and gears of your choice. Not to bad when you consider the cost of a used rear plus a complete rebuild with all the goodies. I already had a 14 bolt but, it need new everything plus gears and locker. So I sold mine "as is" and I ordered the Boyce exactly the way I wanted it and the price difference between what I got for mine and what I payed for the Boyce was about what parts alone would have costed for mine and I didn't have to turn a wrench. That same formula didn't work with my Dana 60 front though because Boyce just wants too much for them so I'll keep my D60 and do it over myself. /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif

Top Bottom