Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE Membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Which rust repair panels?

Discussion in 'The Body Shop' started by formercruiserhead, Mar 28, 2017.

  1. formercruiserhead

    formercruiserhead Registered Member Premium Member

    Aug 6, 2006
    Likes Received:
    southwest michigan
    Ok finally got a blazer! My first car was a 74 k5 and now more than 25 yrs later I now have an 89 k5 silverado.
    I have been looking all over for rust repair panels as this one has lived in the midwest all its life. There are so many different ones I am unsure of what to buy. This is not going to be a show truck but I would like it to be something I am proud of and can still go do some serious wheeling.
    I need inner and outer rockers and the floor pans from where the drivers sits to the back seat footwells including the vertical piece that meets the rear bed floor. Also the panel that the seat belts for the driver and passenger seat belts mount to is gone up to about a foot off the floor. The rear quarters look as they can be repaired with a patch that replaces the arch foward to the door jamb.

    So like I stated before this is not a show truck, I don't need the perfect fit factory correct stuff just need to get rid of the rust and make it solid again. Where do you guys go for the best of both worlds for these parts? (price and quality)
  2. CK5

    CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

    May 19, 1999
    Likes Received:
    I got my drivers side floor and rockers from gmcpauls, I believe they are Key Parts, seem to be decent thickness.

Share This Page