CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

who uses skid plates on your axles?

boggerless

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
after watching the TOP TRUCK CHALLENGE video, (why didn't they use e'm watching thier u-joint grind)? who does use them?? thanks daryl and i did search /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

boggerless

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

Desert Rat

Fetch the comfy chair
Reaction score
When I had my Bronco, I put a Dynatrac one on my front TTB. I protected the diff and used the lower bolts. I never had a problem with it and it took a few knocks that the front of the TTB arm would've taken. I had swapped a 10.25 Sterling into the rear. I slapped a Go Rhino skid plate that had plate that cupped the rear diff and mounted out on the axle tubes with bolts and clamps. Every time a whacked a rock or something good, the stupid thing would twist around the axle and end up pointing straight down. It didn't matter how tight I clamped it, it still spun when taking a good hit. Finally on one trip it ended up being pulled off and thrown in the back of the rig until I got home and found a better spot for it....

boggerless

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
that sucks it didn't work.did the sterling work?? i wonder about the skid plates because i'm not a slow wheeler. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

BlazerGuy

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
Billy Ray runs one on his truggy. I ganked this pic from his website... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14_bolt.jpg

BlazerGuy

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
I don't have a clue... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif... I think he bought it from some Okie. You can shoot Billy Ray a pm fer the specs... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

zakk

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
i don't like land anchors. my junk drags, and when its hung up, it gets more go-juice

Seventy4Blazer

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
i "found" the one on my 96 dually the other day going into the gravel pit...
it was rather funny.
works great.

i was thinking about putting one on my Rear D60 once i go rearsteer. but thats a couple years away.
Grant

boggerless

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
thanks , i always thought of them as shovels but you guys have me looking for rocks now.every time i pass this land scaping yard i wonder how pissed they would be if i tried on thiers? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

75-K5

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
My Dad's '75 came with a front diff skid plate from the dealer. I wish I still knew where it was, but I think it got thrown in the scrap pile when we tore it apart 5 years ago. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Top Bottom