Wierd Noise, need some help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k5 krawler 50, Jan 26, 2005.

1. k5 krawler 50

k5 krawler 50 1/2 ton status

Everytime i come to a complete stop, or take off from a complete stop i can feel this little pop or thud and it makes a wierd noise. The noise is not loud, and it sounds like some things is flexing and coming out of joint or something. I feel it in the driver's side floor board. Can you guys help me figure out what this is or what i should look for? Thanks for the help.
    Cory

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

get the wrenches out

Better check all your body mount bolts,cab mounts,tranny and transfer case mounting bolts,bellhousing bolts, and the crossmember bolts,U-bolts,etc---it could also be the slip yoke splines are worn or dry and binding up,this will make a "thud" when you let off the brake after a stop,or when you first accelerate after a stop,you might get it to go away by pulling the driveshaft out and cleaning the splines out and re-greasing them with chassis lube.,if they arent too worn or sloppy,a loose bushing where the slip yoke slides into the T-case can do it too..:crazy:

3. k5 krawler 50

damn, thats a lot of stuff, when my dad gets home we are gonna check all of those things you just listed. I appreciate the help a lot. thanks

cory

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

For what its worth , mine was a little noisy like that 2 years ago , all rod ends got replaced and it has never came back . I also had some pop that was probably the old flexy springs , as that noise left with the lift install . All I hear now is my body mounts which are AZ dry rotting and they will get it someday :k5: :k5:

5. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    Shocks, worn bushings on the shocks

6. k5 krawler 50

yea, i think it mite be a motor mount, i have to go in and re-check all the bolts on the mounts, to make sure that nothing loosened up. I am also gonna check trans mounts. We just put in a new motor over the summer, so that mite be it.