Wire tuck

Discussion in 'The Engine Bay' started by K5Devil, Sep 25, 2019.

1. K5Devil

K5Devil 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Build(s):
    how are you guys running your under the hood wiring? Would like to get it as close to invisible as possible while maintaining safety. In need of some ideas. Tried searching for multiple keywords and came up empty. If you got a clean engine bay post up a pic for us to drool over!

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf Next weekend... Premium Member

Build(s):
    Imo clean and neat = invisible, even if there’s still a lot. It’s the raty, loose stragglers and uncovered wire that you notice.

Black mesh, woven cover with heat shrink at the ends looks the best but the good stuff isn’t split so you can’t get it over big plugs etc.

Smokinthehippies likes this.
  3. AJs72K5

AJs72K5 blub-blub-blub-blub Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    I'm a big fan of the wire mesh covers at wirecare.com. Every wire under my hood is run thru it.

4. 6872xtc

6872xtc make mine modified Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    This isn't done, the A/C is not done, obviously and I am not positive how the wiring will get finished. And this is my '72 C10, so not the exact situation as yours.
    It has electric choke on the carb, lock-up for the 700R4, temperature gauge wire, alternator wiring and charge wire, distributor power and tach wire tucked out of sight without getting too crazy about it. The circuit breaker on the right fender feeds and auxiliary fuse panel under the glove box area. And a remote solenoid for the starter. It had less stuff visible when it was HEI, but I installed an MSD, so the remote coil got in there.
    These trucks originally had a wiring "gutter " at the top of the firewall with wires just dropping down from there onto the engine. We ran most everything into the left fender, and then forward and down. Everything is in split loom as I wasn't trying for show level. @500$k5 was the main man on this project, and we were just trying to see what we could do! It came out great in my opinion! But I don't have the desire to hide the plug wires underneath like the factory did, so they stayed as pictured.

15701561685267085408561110624036.jpg

500$k5, K5Devil and Capt Ron like this.
  5. K5Devil

K5Devil 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Build(s):
    Looks awesome!

6872xtc and 500$k5 like this.
  6. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Build(s):
    It is pretty hard to conceal wiring if you have an engine with several ECM sensor inputs.

GWeakland620 likes this.
  7. K85 Octane

K85 Octane Tacklin' Fuel Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    Open and loose on a trail rig :D
    My ‘68 had as much run inside the fenders, under the LS cover, and under any lip as possible. Not a fan of the split plastic shielding but I like the mesh wrap. Not invisible but more “factory” looking.