CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

Would you drive it?

sled_dog

1 ton status
Reaction score
Omg, I want to hump it.... that dash is just sweet. Needs a SFA swap though. Makes me want to do the same to my 97, but I'd have nothing to drive in the interim. Really my 97s drivetrain in an older truck is all I would have to do, mines only 2wd. Boy thats a dangerous though, yeah screw it throw away the body and frame and all I paid 5k for, i just wanted the motor and trans.

Moose

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
WOW that is SWEEEEETTT!!! I want one. Wait I can't aford it. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

RingMaster4x4

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
Omg, I want to hump it.... that dash is just sweet. Needs a SFA swap though. Makes me want to do the same to my 97, but I'd have nothing to drive in the interim. Really my 97s drivetrain in an older truck is all I would have to do, mines only 2wd. Boy thats a dangerous though, yeah screw it throw away the body and frame and all I paid 5k for, i just wanted the motor and trans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah what he said! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

MUDNUTT

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
<font color="blue"> YES, I WOULD!!!!!!!!!!!!! </font>
i agree with changing the ifs though. only other thing i would change is if i was spending that kind of $ on it i would have put a duramax and a 6 speed in it. that being said its still <font color="blue"> AWSOME </font>

deck

BranndonC

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
no one likes the IFS but what if hes a street only guy and never uses 4wd? i didnt read the post, but loved the pics, but IFS is smoother on streets than SFA isnt it?

pauly383

Daddy383
Reaction score
I love it, but I agree it needs IFS removed. That Ricks Truck Parts looks like they do nice stuff. My only experience with them is taking pictures with the hot chicks he has in his booth at Super Chevy (wife let me)/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

bigyellowjimmy

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
no one likes the IFS but what if hes a street only guy and never uses 4wd? i didnt read the post, but loved the pics, but IFS is smoother on streets than SFA isnt it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I figured too.....its sweet, street truck or not.

bryguy00b

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
wow that is amazing!! too frickin cool! i didnt even notce it was the chassis from the 98 till sleddog mentioned it needing a SFA swap..then i was like wooha haha..to cool! bet that took a LOT of time and money and skill! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

thezentree

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
holy wow, i need to change my pants /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

i doubt that thing will ever see dirt with paint like that, so the IFS makes sense - better pavement ride. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

camok5

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
It looks like a daily driver type truck so I might not put a SFA on it if its not being wheeled alot. My 2001 silverado rode great on the street and was alright offroad, compared to my blazer it was a cadilac... Sweet Truck /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

84_Chevy_K10

Banned
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
Beautiful job, love the interior!....but IFS? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly.

I would drive it if it wasn't IFS.

justhorsinaround

3/4 ton status
- In Memoriam -
Reaction score
I could never own a vehicle like that cuz on account I would go broke from gasoline bills. IFS INCLUDED as I highly doubt I would ever let that thing touch any dirt hardier than a road construction zone.
That's some pretty fantastic work there.

Good luck to y'all in the future.

Allan

scoutillac

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
That is bad a$$ /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Top Bottom