CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

1987 K5 build

Chowda

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello,

This is my first post here I have a few questions I would like some help with.

First, whats been peoples experience with interior parts from LMC truck? I am looking at ordering their dash pad along with some other dash parts.

How about LMC truck carpeting also anyone have experience with that also?

Lastly, for now, what are peoples recommendations on transmission fluid for the 700R4 tranny? Auto Zone says to use the DEXRON VI but I have read some mixed reviews.

Thanks in advance for the help

Wes Harden

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
Solutions
Reaction score
trans fluid my builder said dex III was good.
I purchased the window crank shaft seal, goes over shaft behind door panel, from LMC. The LMC seal is much smaller than original.
Check Rockauto. I bought seat covers for some 84 burb bucket seats. they were much cheaper than LMC and Amazon for same brand and model.

IMG_20190122_135811.jpg

frankin5

Super Mall Crawler
Premium Member
Reaction score
Most all sellers are selling ACC Carpet. Lots of places have it for far less than LMC. USA1 Has the best interior parts, but they are not cheap. You just have to search all the options.

Chowda

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
trans fluid my builder said dex III was good.
I purchased the window crank shaft seal, goes over shaft behind door panel, from LMC. The LMC seal is much smaller than original.
Check Rockauto. I bought seat covers for some 84 burb bucket seats. they were much cheaper than LMC and Amazon for same brand and model.

View attachment 308949
Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it. I checked out rockauto today.

Chowda

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Most all sellers are selling ACC Carpet. Lots of places have it for far less than LMC. USA1 Has the best interior parts, but they are not cheap. You just have to search all the options.
Thanks John, appreciate the feedback. I will check out USA1 and see what I can find.

Chowda

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has anyone purchased carpet from "stock interiors"? They are significantly cheaper than LMC and USA1, normally I would say "you get what you pay for" but just curious as to peoples experience.

6872xtc

make mine modified
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Solutions
Reaction score
I bought vinyl flooring for my '90 from Rockauto and it was ACC. There was a small delay in shipping because it is made to order. That was where I found the best price, and I believe that I was able to use the 5% discount.
I bought more insulation locally as the kit didn't come with as much as mine had from the factory.
It was decent, but it took some molding with a heat gun to get it where I liked it.
I still somewhat regret not getting carpet, but maybe this will be easier to clean.

B.barket

Registered Member
Reaction score
^^ same as above. I think most carpet is ACC. I just got mine a couple weeks ago from stockinteriors.com and it was ACC. Fit was good and install was easy. As for LMC, I've had decent luck with them as well. I ordered the dash cover - the highliner head liner with speakers in it - complete door and window seals - front and pass pwr window and and lock switches - door arm rest pads and inside door trim along with a few other things and everything fit well. For the window channel runs. LMC was back ordered on the passenger door so I ordered it from a local parts store. The drivers side channel run from LMC fit like a glove but the passengers side I ordered locally was very cheap and flimsy compared to the one from LMC. It was basically just a flimsy piece of rubber that I would have had to glue in if I really wanted to use it. It had no structure to it like the LMC one did and really didn't even fit in the channel. I took it back and just decided to order the one from LMC and wait. Only ended up taking a few days longer than normal and the one I got was perfect just like the drivers side.

trukman1

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I ordered my carpet from Stock Interiors but the color wasn't the same as the sample swatch, IMO. Cost too much to send it back (it's on your dime if you don't like it.) It was from ACC also. I'd shop around for the best price as most carpet seems to come from ACC.

Some things I've learned:

Rock Auto is great for prices. They are having sales on loads of parts for older vehicles, i.e, our square bodies.

If Summit has the same parts you can get free shipping on orders over $99.

GMC Paul has quality parts that bears taking a look at.

When I have a question about tranny fluids, etc. I used to call my local GM dealer service department (my son is a certified mechanic so now I just ask him) and ask to speak to a mechanic to get their take on things. They are usually a great resource for advice.Looking up original service manuals online is also a great resource if you can find them.

I avoid the local parts houses since their employees no longer are "gear heads" that really know vehicles. (Had to argue with one employee that four spark plugs weren't right for my 454!)

Oh for the good old days when the local parts store employees actually worked on cars and knew what they were talking about.

Rant over, I'm done!

Philnenn

Reaction score
Have the LMC carpet and am ready to install. I may be having a real brain fart here but how the heck do you remove the housing from around the 4X4 selector? Everything else is removed and ready for the new carpet but for some reason this is getting me. Thnks

Chowda

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are 4 little screws. 2 forward and 2 in the rear. Hard to find but they should be there

Top Bottom