CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

2000 GMC K2500 Sierra Crew Cab Stepside

AJMBLAZER

Better to be lucky than good.
Premium Member
Reaction score
I order parts for a 98 Tahoe instead of for my 99 Yukon just because of that crossover issue.
Running into that with my 2019 Silverado 1500. The 2019 Silverado 1500 LD is the 2014-18 body style and half the stuff listed for my truck is actually the '19 LD carry over truck.

TerryD

Mildly demented...
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got some new Coopers for the truck today. Moved the low mileage Nittos to a set of steel wheels for the Xterra.

I liked the Nittos ok but they were louder than I wanted on the truck and in the rain they threw up so much spray it made those stainless step tubes SING.

20210505_165846.jpg

TerryD

Mildly demented...
Premium Member
Reaction score
I feel like AC is one of those things that we as a group let slide for so long, and then once it’s fixed you ask yourself why didn’t you just get it fixed earlier. I know I’ve done that on a few trucks in my past. But I’m an idiot.
I agree. I've drug this out pretty good though. Should have gotten it done last spring but couldn't quite afford it with other stuff I had going on.

Gonna be pricy but it's cheaper than a new truck!

AJMBLAZER

Premium Member
Reaction score
I miss my classic trucks.
I don’t miss not having AC. Especially down here.

TerryD

Mildly demented...
Premium Member
Reaction score
I miss my classic trucks.
I don’t miss not having AC. Especially down here.
Yes know, it hurts when I hear someone call this truck a classic. It's 21 years old, so it is. But I remember this body style being released and it being the "new" truck.

AJMBLAZER

Premium Member
Reaction score
I wasn’t meaning yours is a classic…although to some it is. Still relatively late model to me.

I went for a while with no AC in my trucks. Then barely functional AC in one…to modern-freeze-you-out-AC in my two latest trucks. Also moved to KY. The home of heat and humidity. Felt like 104 on Saturday. AC is a must.

TerryD

Mildly demented...
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wasn’t meaning yours is a classic…although to some it is. Still relatively late model to me.

I went for a while with no AC in my trucks. Then barely functional AC in one…to modern-freeze-you-out-AC in my two latest trucks. Also moved to KY. The home of heat and humidity. Felt like 104 on Saturday. AC is a must.
It's been pretty awful here with the humidity as well. I took it for a road trip Friday to pick up some stuff and it was OK with the windows down at 75mph. But sitting in traffic in Roanoke got pretty uncomfortable.

It should be ready to pickup this evening. They were just finishing up at closing time yesterday and hadn't billed it out yet before my wife left for work.

TerryD

Mildly demented...
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's done! Man it's nice to have AC back! Once I get the wife's brakes fixed I'll look into replacing the oil cooler hoses, oil filter adapter gaskets and CPS o-ring and hopefully slow up some of these oil leaks.

Top Bottom