CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

2022 Registration

Bent77

curmudgeon Status
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Registration is open. If you find something bogus, post up so we can fix it

Chickntrk

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m going to need some advice from the fellas that have done this before on trail choices….this is my first time in Moab, I’ve only wheeled east coast before. Specs are:
78 k20
~4” lift
35s
14b rear Detroit
60 front open (possibly locked before BB)
Rear is a flat bed and is bobbed about 8” so it’s nowhere near as long as a long bed would normally be..still 131” WB tho

cheavyk10

5.slow
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I’m going to need some advice from the fellas that have done this before on trail choices….this is my first time in Moab, I’ve only wheeled east coast before. Specs are:
78 k20
~4” lift
35s
14b rear Detroit
Rear is a flat bed and is bobbed about 8” so it’s nowhere near as long as a long bed would normally be..still 131” WB tho
Last year was my first BB, and I was in the same boat. ( I road tripped my truck a thousand miles each way) My truck is set up similar to yours, I have a long bed K10 on one tons and 37s locked front and rear. I chose five and sixes as far as trail ratings go and my truck did just fine. The most difficulty I had honestly was turning, I didn't have crossover or hydro assist at the time. (Super Moab Traction!!)

Blazer Bash

Wishing we were in Moab
Premium Member
Reaction score
78 k20
~4” lift
35s
14b rear Detroit
I would not sweat the trail choices. We have set up registration this year with just the truck and number of passengers for registration. Driver is included in the truck cost. In the past we had trails listed for signup when you registered. This year you can choose when you get there and see what is going on.

Hells Revenge will be ran on Sunday. That is a must as the iconic Moab Trail. the only one you will be required to stay away from is Prichette Canyon on Saturday. You should be fine on all of the others.

I recommend Steel Bender on Friday for you. It is challenging, fun and scenic. Close to the BBQ. After running that, make your Saturday and Sunday choices. We will limit the group size on a few rails due to the DOI/BLM permit limits. Poison spider on Saturday would be another good recommendation. The Blazer leading it is a mild build on 33's.

Chickntrk

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Last year was my first BB, and I was in the same boat. ( I road tripped my truck a thousand miles each way) My truck is set up similar to yours, I have a long bed K10 on one tons and 37s locked front and rear. I chose five and sixes as far as trail ratings go and my truck did just fine. The most difficulty I had honestly was turning, I didn't have crossover or hydro assist at the time. (Super Moab Traction!!)
Thank you! That’s perfect input, honestly the reason I didn’t step up to 37s yet is because I didn’t do crossover yet, do you think I should try and do crossover before the trip? I had planned on doing it eventually but want to add the weld on frame brace at the same time (I have the ORD support right now)….steering is better than I thought as is but I’m used to our slippery trails out here. Thanks again!

Chickntrk

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would not sweat the trail choices. We have set up registration this year with just the truck and number of passengers for registration. Driver is included in the truck cost. In the past we had trails listed for signup when you registered. This year you can choose when you get there and see what is going on.

Hells Revenge will be ran on Sunday. That is a must as the iconic Moab Trail. the only one you will be required to stay away from is Prichette Canyon on Saturday. You should be fine on all of the others.

I recommend Steel Bender on Friday for you. It is challenging, fun and scenic. Close to the BBQ. After running that, make your Saturday and Sunday choices. We will limit the group size on a few rails due to the DOI/BLM permit limits. Poison spider on Saturday would be another good recommendation. The Blazer leading it is a mild build on 33's.
Thank you! I just don’t want to pick anything that’s basically a dirt road because I didn’t know what I was picking even though the scenery alone would be worth it.

cheavyk10

5.slow
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Thank you! That’s perfect input, honestly the reason I didn’t step up to 37s yet is because I didn’t do crossover yet, do you think I should try and do crossover before the trip? I had planned on doing it eventually but want to add the weld on frame brace at the same time (I have the ORD support right now)….steering is better than I thought as is but I’m used to our slippery trails out here. Thanks again!
It's up to you, I made the push pull work just have to be a bit more strategic.

Bent77

curmudgeon Status
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Now that you say that, It didn’t ask me.
We did that in purpose. See the post by @Blazer Bash a few back for the reason

Everyone that’s registered, please pst your trails up. I’m pulling the infor you post to add to the sheets.

If you don’t tell me what your running, I will vindictively assign trails
:D

Blazer Bash

Wishing we were in Moab
Premium Member
Reaction score
Again, for those who only log in for the pictures.

I would not sweat the trail choices. We have set up registration this year with just the truck and number of passengers for registration. Driver is included in the truck cost. In the past we had trails listed for signup when you registered.

doubletrouble

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
We did that in purpose. See the post by @Blazer Bash a few back for the reason

Everyone that’s registered, please pst your trails up. I’m pulling the infor you post to add to the sheets.

If you don’t tell me what your running, I will vindictively assign trails
:D
I like it, Russian Roulette for trails!!! I’m in.

Top Bottom