Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE Membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

39.5 wheel backspacing question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dsmd58, Apr 20, 2007.

1. dsmd58

dsmd58 1/2 ton status

So heres the facts - D60 front with caliper grind / 14blt sf rear

my current 15x10 rims are NEUTRAL (so that means no back spacing right?), and are mounted to 35 x12.5 tires....

if i go to a 15 inch wide tire...is this a recipe for disaster? do i need to get new wheels, and if so what is the backspacing i should be looking for? :doah:

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Build(s):
    Your rims have backspacing, and you'll need to measure it for us to help answer your question. Measure from the inner lip of the rim to the inner surface where it bolts to the hub. Should be between 2 1/2" and 4 1/2".

I run 39.5" x 15 x 15 TSL's on 15 x 10's with 3 5/8" backspace on my K5. D60 calipers ground. I also have one oddball rim with 4 1/8" backspace which may or may not still be on one of the front corners. I got the rims used, but they were near new and other than one having slightly more backspace they are all identical. Prolly a mistake when they were bought new...

Less backspace puts the rim and tire further out. Better for caliper clearance, worse for sheetmetal if you plan on a low lift.

[​IMG]

Rene

3. dsmd58

dsmd58 1/2 ton status

So with that backspacing you are running, how much lift do you currently have on the rig? By the way AWESOME looking truck!

I have 5" Alcan springs, and I am planning to do some cutting of the fenders...