CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

69-72 c20 hubs on a c10? 2wd suspension lift?

SpeedlabDan

Keepin it trashy never classy
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
will c20 8lug hubs and brakes fit c10 6lug spindles? Curious if the c10 suspension is the same. Say to 8lig swap a c10 2wd.
Also does anyone know of any lift spacers or (preference) lift springs for the front mainly to level out the ride and mimic the k20 stance?
All this in an effort to make a c10 look like a k20.
Asking for a friend lol

diesel4me

1 ton status
- In Memoriam -
Reaction score
First off we'd need to know what years your inquiring about..

On a square body or older truck,I'd say no,the 3/4 ton 2wd spindles have larger wheel bearings if I remember correctly..you cant just swap a 3/4 ton rotor onto a 1/2 ton spindle far as I know..
I looked into that years ago,when I had a chance to get a full floating 14 bolt for my G-10 van--which is basically the same front suspension as a C-10..was hoping I could just swap an 8 lug rotor up front and have it match the rear axle..

I believe the entire front suspension/cross member assembly will interchange between C-10 thru C30 models,but they have several differences that wont allow many of the parts to interchange separately like the control arms and ball joints ,the ball joints are larger diameter both where they go in the control arm and the taper on the spindles,and the 1/2 tons have rubber cushioned control arm bushings,some 3/4 and the 1 tons had greaseable threaded metal bushings..larger brake calipers on the 1 tons too..

SpeedlabDan

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
First off we'd need to know what years your inquiring about..

On a square body or older truck,I'd say no,the 3/4 ton 2wd spindles have larger wheel bearings if I remember correctly..you cant just swap a 3/4 ton rotor onto a 1/2 ton spindle far as I know..
I looked into that years ago,when I had a chance to get a full floating 14 bolt for my G-10 van--which is basically the same front suspension as a C-10..was hoping I could just swap an 8 lug rotor up front and have it match the rear axle..

I believe the entire front suspension/cross member assembly will interchange between C-10 thru C30 models,but they have several differences that wont allow many of the parts to interchange separately like the control arms and ball joints ,the ball joints are larger diameter both where they go in the control arm and the taper on the spindles,and the 1/2 tons have rubber cushioned control arm bushings,some 3/4 and the 1 tons had greaseable threaded metal bushings..larger brake calipers on the 1 tons too..
67-72, and yes this is the same situation as you stated where a 14bff would like to be used but the front end would need upgrade. I was just hoping there's a conversion is out there. Too bad it's not a Dana 44 where just the spindles and hubs need to be changed (which I have)

diesel4me

1 ton status
- In Memoriam -
Reaction score
Actually if you can score a 2wd 8 lug front suspension assembly from a salvage yard,its not all that difficult to swap the whole thing in--and you'll gain disc brakes too,if the truck doesn't have them already..

That would be the easier and probably less costly way to go about converting it to 8 lugs..

diesel4me

1 ton status
- In Memoriam -
Reaction score
I might add it would be best to do some research too--it may be that someone has found a way to fudge some other 8 lug rotor or drum onto 1/2 ton spindles ,its been a long time since I was looking things up for my van...maybe you could use a combination of bearing races & cups to adapt an 8 lug one to a 1/2 ton 2wd spindle..

SpeedlabDan

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I might add it would be best to do some research too--it may be that someone has found a way to fudge some other 8 lug rotor or drum onto 1/2 ton spindles ,its been a long time since I was looking things up for my van...maybe you could use a combination of bearing races & cups to adapt an 8 lug one to a 1/2 ton 2wd spindle..
That's more what I was asking

Top Bottom