CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

75 Jimmy build FOOLSIZE (time to wheel)

Wheelbase: 108" Width F/R: 89.5" / 88" 3 link -upper: 32" -lowers: 32.5" -vert sep: 8.5" -panhard: 38" 4link -uppers:38.5" -lowers: 40" -vert sep: 9.5" Front DS 1410 HADCV ride: 33" Rear DS 1410 ride: 38"

bmxbryant9

Rebuild reboot
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

bmxbryant9

Rebuild reboot
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score

It was pretty beat and first thing was to tear what was left of the interior

A little rusty

more sweet po work

bed wasn't too bad

out with the old seats!

blazer74

Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't throw anything away you remove no matter how small.
Little things are harder to find these days for 73-75 verts

bmxbryant9

Rebuild reboot
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Picked up an old dirty as heck 14ff and got to cleaning it up

Got it all cleaned up and loaded up with a grizzly locker 5.38 gears and a diy4x diff cover. swapped over to disc brakes, those drums were heavey as heck.

Planning on running a d60 in the front so picked up a set of gears all together and hopefully an ARB once the 60 is acquired

Last edited:

bmxbryant9

Rebuild reboot
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Planned on running 40s on it so next thing to do was make sure they would fit so it was time to clearance the fenders. In one of the earlier posted pics you can see the lines for the wells to be cut :hack: :grind:

By this time we realized the frame was beat to no return. steering box ripped off, front horns bent and tweaked, and the rear shock mounts were cracked from po jumping and beating on it. So ended up picking up this blazer frame and body to use the frame. keeping it a 75 to avoid CA smog.

cut off old drop hitch thing and removed tank

bmxbryant9

Rebuild reboot
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
What are you doing with the other tub?

Martin

I ended up selling it on cl and not sure what happened after that. I should have been on here a long time ago, ended up getting rid of a few blazers to get this one.

bmxbryant9

Rebuild reboot
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Next was to remove the 75 tub from its frame and get the underside of it all cleaned up. first thing the top came off. it was pretty busted up in the back corners.

Pressure washed and purple powered the whole underside of the blazer. was pretty nasty under there and moved the new to be used frame around to the back yard.

Had to improvise stands to hold it up

Getting nice and clean

Ended up just using rattle can black rubberized paint for the underside.

This was also my first project like this. Have always rode bicycles and built up many bikes but no trucks.

bmxbryant9

Rebuild reboot
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I wanted to keep this simple yet a capable wheeler. So i decided to run a sm465 203/205 set up.
was going to buy a kit from ord then found this on cl for cheap and was already set up for tripple.

Into the garage to take apart

and now together, turned out to be an ord kit and tripple stick as well :D

Went ahead and ordered a bunch of stuff up from diy4x for the suspension. shackle flip, b52's, ez inch, shackle frame eye hanger, inboarding kit, ud spring plates.

skunked

phat block everything
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
look in the urbin curbin thread, this truck is built. He's playing catchup and posting the details of the build.

sweet rig, maybe we can hit some trails once my junk is done.

bmxbryant9

Rebuild reboot
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
look in the urbin curbin thread, this truck is built. He's playing catchup and posting the details of the build.

sweet rig, maybe we can hit some trails once my junk is done.

That would be awesome! I need to meet some more people to trail around with, wish it could have been done when norcalchris still had his blazer.
It'll get painted eventually still have more to do to be satisfied.

How do I edit build titles?

bmxbryant9

Rebuild reboot
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
75 Blazer build, catching up

Well as stated I am catching up on all the progress of this build. I started it about 4 years ago and collecting parts for it about 5 years ago.

After I got the front B52's installed up front we rolled the frame around to the front yard and placed the body on top of it. the early 80s and 75 have different frame bends so we had to use some body lift pucks to get the tub sitting level.

Threw the rollers on it so it was easier to set the body on it

Old 44 just sitting under it

you can see the b52's

Cannot thank DIY4X enough for making such great parts!

Underside looking fresh and too clean!

bmxbryant9

Rebuild reboot
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Then it was time to get the trans and engine in and ready to go.

Knew I was going to need to make a new cross member to clear the front d-shaft with the doubler, this is just temp to get it moving and out of my friends yard.

looking down and made marks to cut so the tripple sticks will fit

Got the engine put in with the trans at the same time and bolted up, block also got a fresh coat of paint to match the rest

fun picture of the 42s next to it not bolted on alsot got some steel wheels for them

Top Bottom