81 k5 rear driveshaft help

BlaZeus

The Real Mateo
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just got done with my rear axle swap and 4 link suspension and found my rear drive shaft is too short by like 1/2". It barely hangs off the end output shaft of the tc at ride height. Called local drive line shop and said he doesn't wanna extend it and a new one will be $400. Def not paying that; so does anyone know if a drive shaft from a c/k10 with the same tc and yoke splines will fit or should I try and get it extended by 3"-4"? Thanks!

blazinzuk

Buzzbox voodoo
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
C is for 2 wd no those wouldn't fit. K is 4wd designation and even from a short box it will be too long.

I know driveshaft guys that hate extending/ shortening because the splines might have a little play. Usually the end user blames the driveshaft guy.

A driveshaft from a pickup could be shortened cheaper than lengthening one. But if you don't have one around the costs will equal.

Find another driveshaft shop. If your splines aren't worn they should be just fine with extending it. But expect it to be 75 to a 100 bucks

BlaZeus

The Real Mateo
Premium Member
Reaction score
C is for 2 wd no those wouldn't fit. K is 4wd designation and even from a short box it will be too long.
Ahah thanks. Yeah I know the c and k designations. Just making sure I covered every possibility. But thanks for the help!

Top Bottom