Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE Membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

87 passenger seat bracket replacement

Discussion in 'Interior - Stock & Custom' started by Keith ORourke, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Keith ORourke

Keith ORourke Newbie Premium Member

Any help / direction is appreciated. Just bought an 87 Blazer so not only new to this forum, I am new to the whole K5 experience. The passenger seat is missing the rear bracket that holds the seat down. I intended on replacing all seats and belts so I didn't really pay particular attention to it. I have since learned that there's more to changing seats than just a quick swap; especially when looking at the rear bench. (Help here would be appreciated too). I looked at all the main sites like summit racing, lmc truck, JC Whitney, etc. and no one seems to carry the entire seat bracket assembly or even the rear bracket. Can anyone point me in the right direction on where to find the parts? If parts are not available, what's the best replacement so the seat is safe and functions the same as original? Thanks!

2. RubberFloorMat

RubberFloorMat 1/2 ton status

Build(s):
    Salvage yard or sale sites if you want original, several companies sell aftermarket brackets but there will be a certain amount of fab work in using those anyway.

I'd figure out what type of seat you want and then determine brackets