CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

89 blazer, looking for a front seat that can fold/tumble so for rear seat access

bu2chlc

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now that my daughter is a bit older, it's harder for her to get into the back seat (she used to climb over the center console). Is there anything I can swap in for better access to the rear seat?

The blazer came with seats from a ford edge, so I have no idea what is available to swap in.

Last edited:

Bent77

curmudgeon Status
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Yeah that was probably a 70s thing

6872xtc

make mine modified
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Solutions
Reaction score
I have a 91 k5. The passenger seat back folds forward and the seat slides forward at the same time using the lever on the lower seat back.
Yup. Seems like they recline backwards some too, can't remember how far.

bu2chlc

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like ya need to ditch those furd seats
not til I find replacements! They are super heavy also, so I am looking forward to shedding a few pounds. Stock (tired) tbi, one ton axles and bfg 35's. throw in a warn 12k powerplant winch and this k5 is sloooooooooow.
I need a new speedo that maxes out at 50mph so I feel better about myself :D

Bent77

curmudgeon Status
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Yeah taking some weight out on the seats won’t help enough!

bu2chlc

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah taking some weight out on the seats won’t help enough!
I am considering losing the entire front winch and bumper, going back to stock bumper. Saving up for aluminum heads, stock seats, and maybe someday a soft top. It will all add up to being equal to ten hp more. I can't do much here in CA with smog laws and can't afford a smog legal LS swap.

Bent77

curmudgeon Status
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Research those tbi mods. It’s not exactly the marvel of modern tuning

bu2chlc

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Research those tbi mods. It’s not exactly the marvel of modern tuning
not doing any tbi mods since I live in CA. can't touch them. that is why I am trying to shed weight, and the seats are so heavy I am sure I can knock an extra 20lbs off by going to something else. The ford seats are STUPID heavy.

Bent77

curmudgeon Status
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Changing the heads can change the vacuum characteristics, which can change the tuning. The factory block learn doesn’t allow for a lot of change

bu2chlc

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Changing the heads can change the vacuum characteristics, which can change the tuning. The factory block learn doesn’t allow for a lot of change
dammit. very good point. Maybe I can remove the fenders, hood, and core support. Use two bungies to hold the radiator. pull the tailgate and go back to stock axles. :'(

Bent77

curmudgeon Status
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Just strip the entire cab off and sit on a bucket

Seriously though, some of those heads and cams will work with the factory chip, or you can have a new prom burned to match. Like I said, do some research before you leap

Blue85

Yooper
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I thought we were talking about seats? The 80s passenger seat flipped forward as one piece, so the headrest area was against the dash. The late 80s/early 90s Blazer seat folds and slides. It has dual seat tracks. One to adjust the seated position and the other to do the big slide. Pulling the seat back forward releases the slide and springs push the whole seat forward. I looked at putting a 2nd set of PS tracks on the DS, but with the steering wheel there, there's little to gain.

Top Bottom