Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE Membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A Blazer Chalet in my neighborhood

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Dec 15, 2004.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

For the past few months, I've noticed a Blazer Chalet on the next block down (parked at the "Dodge Guy"s house; I'm the Chevy guy in the neighborhood... he has almost as many rigs and as much stuff in his yard, just all Dodge and Chrysler).

I wonder if I should go ask him what the deal is with it. I find it odd to see a GM vehicle around his yard. He's driven it a few times from the back yard to the front on the street. Wonder if it's for sale.

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Well,should you,or shouldnt you??

The Blazer Chalet's always kind of puzzled me--I saw a new one at the chevy dealership my brother worked at when they first came out (1978 I think)--and I thought they were pretty cool rigs!--the one I saw was bought by a local fireman as a leftover--it actually hadnt sold!--it had a 400 small block,all the power windows and A/C,all the toys......

But how come every K5 I've ever owned,or seen in the scrapyards says on the glove box door "DO NOT USE TO CARRY A SLIDE IN CAMPER",,,,when the Chalet is basically the same thing??--its OK as long as its the factory doing it,but not you??:confused:

I see no reason why a K5 would not carry a slide in camper,I realize the short wheelbase and high center of gravity is a concern,but if you drive it accordingly,and dont go getting it too off camber off road,or go flying around corners with it,it would be just fine--I've never understood the "warning labels"!!...

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

The Chalet was a package including HD suspension parts. It was desigend to be extra light and to FIT a K5 including bolting on like the factory top. Its not a slide in because it wouldnt work on a PU.

4. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Watch out, you're going to whip Dremu into a frenzy......... :saweet: :woot:

5. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    or azblazer.

Nah, 1.5 Chalets is enough for me at the moment. Now, parts to complete my .5 would be nice ... but then I'd hafta get a truck to put it on ... and I'm at five vehicles right now, which, while not mountainexplorer territory ... is enough.

-- A