CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

ryanvz1

Registered Member
Reaction score
I keep hearing on this website about everyone being old and I am 17 and I have already experienced all of the problems of the 700R4, Dana 44, 10-bolt, and np208; and I have built and fabricated, fixed and broke, and have gone on numerous off-road trips. Is there something wrong with that? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Bhintz

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
first thanks tirple post and second not every is old and thrid did you break a 10 bolt and replace with a dana 44 and break that one b/c Ive never heard of a rear 10 bolt and a front dana 44
*edit* thanks for getting rid of the other two post

FRIZZLEFRY

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
We aint all old /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

There is quite a range of different ages.

FRIZZLEFRY

1/2 ton status
Reaction score

FRIZZLEFRY

1/2 ton status
Reaction score

4xcrazy

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
Wondering if your anything like a friend of mine, he's 21 and romps the hell out of his Burb, and then when something breaks, it's always GM's fault,,,WHATEVER" /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif anyway, not trying to sound like an ass, but are you going on things alittle easy or beating the hell out of it like teenagers usually do. I am 31 and i remember those days of not really caring about how i was driving the cars. was alot of fun then, but now i realize that,,,,GEEZ, that gets expensive. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

dhdescender

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada - Eh.
I'm nearly 19, own my own fabricating/racing business and if anyone says a damn thing about being incompetent due to my age I'll beat them over the head with one of my larger, more pointy products. /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

Why would anything be wrong with your age? I don't quite get what it is your asking... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

ryanvz1

Registered Member
Reaction score
There are front dana 44s(common on like 73-75 blazers), and 10-bolt rears(on newer trucks), but no I have broken axels with the 10-bolt(FRONT) and have had problems with the u-joints on the d-44's. And I really can't hit it too hard with my tranny or I'll rip the rear end out.

ryanvz1

Registered Member
Reaction score
Hey, $1500 for an atlas 2 is pretty good price right?

jakeslim

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
well there are kids that graduate college before 10, does that make you feel old?

jakeslim

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
... I have already experienced all...

[/ QUOTE ]

not so because those who are "orange" will tell you that you have yet to experience the ulitimate........membership /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

az-k5

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Hey, I am 21 I live with my parents (full time student) have no video games, and only wheel when there is a sunday run (work interference). We all progress at a different rate. That is why my K5 is only *slightly* modified due to my *limited* skills as a younger person.

Give yourself more credit.

Those that know me will notice the sarcasim above /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

beater_k20

Banned
Reaction score
i'm 23, and have yet to experience my first breakage. maybe that's due to the fact that i'm still in the process of building my truck, and its not coming out stock. i've learned quite a bit from these guys, and will be putting it to use on my rig. breaking parts is a fact of life when you're abusing something, and im willing to deal with that.

81jimmyslt

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I keep hearing on this website about everyone being old ????

I thought that too, but it seems there are a lots of people your age /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

anyway I'm 20

fortcollinsram

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Age age means NOTHING. It is experience...They are TWO totally differnt things. 5 years of experience fabricting things, from welding to milling to CAD design and CNC machining. Its not a lot but considering I am 21 it is a good start...the more you do and the more you experience, the more compentent you will become in your trade.

Chris

justhorsinaround

3/4 ton status
- In Memoriam -
Reaction score
Shut up Matt. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif Don't listen to him folks he's just a putz. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif I've seen him wheel (I'm pretty sure I took the picture in his avatar) and he can't do nuthin. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif Did ya catch the sarcasm? /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Sorry Matt I just couldn't resist. Hopefully one of these days right soon we can make it out on the trails again. Good luck to y'all in the future.

Allan

t's85chevyk5

Registered Member
Reaction score
hey , im 19 and since i bought my truck, ive repaced a 10 bolt and a 700r. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Top Bottom