CK5 Forums

Take a few seconds to register your free account to post topics or questions, and view exclusive content!

BB 2020 registration (see post 99)

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
There will be special instructions here for this year. Please check back and observe as we are expecting a different turnout

The T-shirts are all listed to the account/driver on the PayPal. So your passenger's shirt coupon will be in the driver's packet. Please double check the list is correct on both passengers, shirt count, and shirt size before Sept 1

please read post 3

9667B57C-0CCB-4A72-A8D8-3C64F395421B.jpeg

Last edited:

ktmoutfront

Blazer Bash presented by 3W Fabrication
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Countdown,
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdo...T00&p0=4781&msg=Blazer+Bash+2020&font=cursive

Registration will be open soon. Not yet though. Before we open it, I want to get some information out to all of you.

Last year a couple of sponsors asked us to start a social media campaign (IG - Blazerbash ). We did and it seems to be doing well with a decent following. That is good, but, we are afraid that this year might blow up with numbers from outside of the CK5 brotherhood. Some think that is a good thing, some think it is a bad thing. I am on the fence.

We are giving the past event attendees and new CK5 people first dibs on registering. We are capping the number of truck/driver registrations at a number that is stored in my head. If this number is not reached by August first, we will announce registration to the masses on FB and IG.

So get in early. Get your CK5 friends to sign up early.

More new info:
You will need to know your registration number when you walk up to get your packet. The will be a list posted on site before the registration table. You will no longer have a name, you will just be a number in the cog of BB. J.K. It is quicker if we just run with the numbers. This way the volunteers do not have to know their alphabet. Might have to take their shoes off to count.

T-shirts:

Your packet will have T-shirt card in it. You must have this card to pick up your T-shirt. Passenger T-shirts will be on the registered trucks card. Again, this is to speed things up. Our volunteers need to eat also.

Please read the remainder of this post. This from the BB FAQ section of the site.

Why do I have to pay to attend Blazer Bash?

Any gathering of more than 25 people on the Moab area Bureau of Land Management (BLM) territory is required to procure a Special Recreation Permit (SRP). This permit has a minimum fee of $110. Within 30 days following the event we are required to submit a post event report in which the final permit fees are assessed. The final fee is based on a cost of $6 per day per person. For example; a K5 with a driver, passenger, and 2 kids in the backseat that drive on 3 event sponsored trail runs will cost the event $62.

In addition, many of the trails cross land owned by the State of Utah School & Institutional Trust Lands Administration (SITLA). Blazer Bash is required to procure a Right of Entry for these trails with a minimum fee of $400. A post event report is filed within 30 days following the event and a final fee is assessed based on $4 per day per person. Using the same example as above, the fee for the K5 with passengers would be $48.

The Old City Park is $210 a day. Reserved and paid for a year in advance.

The BLM and SITLA permits require the event to carry liability insurance listing them as co-insured. Insurance fees are approximately $1400, but continue to rise each year.
We are fortunate to have sponsors that provide cash contributions to help mitigate the fees listed above. In addition, all raffle ticket sales are used to help cover operational expenses. The event is run as a non-profit venture and none of the organizers or volunteers receive financial compensation. Within the 30 days following the event after all permit fees are paid, the Blazer Bash event has very minimal funds left in the bank account.

What is the refund policy for Blazer Bash registration and shirt sales?

Blazer Bash refund policy: $35 of each registration fee is nonrefundable. No refunds will be issued after September 1st. All apparel sales are nonrefundable after August 15th. All refunds are subject to PayPal transaction fees. Passenger registrations will be divided out evenly across trail days, make sure the total passengers paid for is correct

Registration is open. Get after it.

The BBQ is at Old City Park in Moab.

Search Old City Park Moab Utah for the location. They do not have an address for it.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/M...08f2b076eb37034!8m2!3d38.540858!4d-109.496731

Last edited:

Desert_K5

1/2 ton status
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Registered and can't wait!
Hell's
Golden Spike
Steel Bender
for me also

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
If you guys have friends that are registering with you, please let me know
We are giving priority points to CK5 guys (like hunting season)

If you don't register, then it's a free for all later

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Post 2 has been updated

Re: double check the list when I post it tomorrow. I make errors, lets catch them before Sept 1

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
As of now, we have 10 trucks for Golden Spike on Saturday

We will be starting a second group with a staggered start time.
We will need Trail leaders for that

Top Bottom