BB 2020 registration (see post 99)

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by Bent77, Jun 11, 2020.

1. ktmoutfront

ktmoutfront GnomeWorks LLC Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    My boss is being a jerk about me taking time off for BB. He thinks there is too much to do.

Desert_K5 likes this.
  2. Bent77

Bent77 lil meanie Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    Keep complaining maybe he’ll fire you

Fastereddie likes this.
  3. fastazz81

fastazz81 Gnome recovery vehicle Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    Tell your boss your retired.

Fastereddie likes this.
  4. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    That's it, I am packing my tools and leaving!!! We will call it giving 2 week notice, CYA in 2 weeks

Bent77 likes this.
  5. ktmoutfront

Build(s):
    It will no matter. He will put me back o work as soon as I get back.

Fastereddie likes this.
  6. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Hard to find good management these days!

7. ktmoutfront

Build(s):
    His employee kind of sucks too. Dude sweats a lot and smells bad at the end of the day.

Fastereddie likes this.
  8. ktmoutfront

Build(s):
    NOTICE FOR ALL TO READ...........

Blazer Bash 2020
    Important information

We are excited to be hosting Blazer Bash on September 11th, 12th and 13th. This year we have some issues to deal with due to the current Utah State mandates. Coronavirus-SARS 2 has created mandates for hosting our BBQ. We have had to put together plans for using The Old City Park while serving food.

All guests will need to be free of illness to attend. If you have a fever or any of the 4 million symptoms listed on the CDC website, we ask that you refrain from attending.

Please read and follow the guidelines that are posed at the BBQ, including ingress and egress areas. Please do the social distancing thing of one K5 width between you and others. Because we are meeting outside, masks are not required. If you can not maintain a 1 K5 width, hold your breath until you can. Or wear a mask, your choice. We will not be providing masks. Hand sanitizing bottles will be located throughout the site.

He food will be served in take-out containers and will be dished out by volunteers. We had to purchase containers and prepackage utensils. We are not allowed to serve our normal drinks in multi serve containers and cups. With the other hassles that Offroad Designs is having to deal with, we will not provide drinks. Bring your own drinks. Provide enough for 3 plus hours during the event.

You will also need to bring lawn chairs as some attendees will be asked to sit in the grass area. State of Utah regulations allow only one family unit per table. Please be cautious to others. You also might want to bring shade.

The restrooms will be closed. So, plan.

When you arrive at the park, there will be signs directing the flow of traffic. Enter to the left of the covered area. You will see the registration table first. Please have your registration number ready. It is one number; you can remember it. It is on the registration list on CK5.com in the registration thread. The list will also be posted. You will be given an envelope with a truck registration card. This is to be placed on your truck for the Jason Payne Innovative Trophy Award. If you ordered a shirt(s), there will be a card with to be used for claiming your shirt(s) at the next table. There will also be a card for voting for the Jason Payne Innovative Trophy Award. You look the trucks over and vote for your favorite. There will be a box at the displayed trophy. You will also receive a goody bag for each participant registered to the truck. Each goody bag will have sponsor information and 5 raffle tickets.

We will need you to keep distance from the food being prepared. Please do not let your children or uncontrolled spouse into the area. It will be roped off and obvious.

The next area will be the raffle tables. We have had some incredible companies sponsor us this year. You are welcome to peruse the raffle items but do not handle them. Place one half of each raffle ticket in the container for the items you want to win. You can also purchase more tickets for $1 each. Only registered truck owners can purchase the tickets. Please purchase additional tickets just once, to keep contact down. Please try to have exact currency, cash only.

Do not re-enter the raffle area from the grass area. You will need to get back in line and go through again.

We will start the dinner at 6pm. Please be patient with the volunteers serving food. This is not what they do for a living. Remember to use the 1 K5 width distance when standing in line. You will get instructions at the event for how this is going to proceed.

At 7pm we will start the presentations, thank you’s and the raffle. We hope to be done by 9pm.

Registration information;

We are trying to keep the costs for this event down to a reasonable amount so everyone will be able to attend. Parts of the process are the BLM and The Utah School and Institutional Trust Lands Administration (SITLA) permits. These permit costs are based directly on truck and passenger counts. After the event I submit a form to each agency with the totals for each trail for each day. The agencies then send me a bill. We are going to have the sign-up sheets available to the trail leaders to check trucks off this year. If you have not paid, you will be asked to leave or pay cash at that time for the truck and passengers. You do not have to run the trail you signed up for, but you will need to have paid for a trail run with the passengers. In the past years we were lax in doing this. With costs going up, we can no longer be. Have your truck number available at the meeting point for each day so the leader does not need to search names.

If we all work together, we will have a great event and a fun time for all.

9. ashman

ashman What's a pigeonrat?? Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    Working up that plan had to be a pain in the ass. Hopefully all of us attending realize that and don't make it a bigger pain in the ass by complaining, opining about our thought on the current state requirements.

THANKS!

10. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    My boss keeps buying junk and making lists for me to work on, he’s relentless with it.
    projects are stacking up around here, may need to hire some cheap help!

Fastereddie and Capt Ron like this.
  11. ktmoutfront

Build(s):
    Jesse with ORD called right after I posted that. The event is being catered by a local BBQ restaurant with box dinners. I thanked him for doing that. Takes so much stress off of creating a food prep area and masking everyone.

YOU STILL NEED TO BRING YOUR DRINKS.

12. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Build(s):
    Since the bathrooms are closed, be careful who's cup you're grabbing.....

13. miniwally

miniwally St. Javier Premium Member

I was reading that thinking wow I totally misunderstood what was going on with the BBQ, but this clarification makes it all good.

14. ktmoutfront

Build(s):
    Registration is closed. My brain can not take anymore in.

Fastereddie likes this.
  15. wheels87k5

wheels87k5 24 Karat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    Some bad news, some more bad news and even more bad news :dunno:

1. Some bad news: My K5 is not going to be ready for BB20. I still have too many things to get done and won't have time to get any miles on it to make sure it is ready and safe for me and anyone around.

2. Some more bad news: The hauler, 2005 Suburban, is in the shop for transmission repair and won't be ready until Thursday. It decided it didn't want to go into gear while sitting in my driveway.

3. Even more bad news: We are still coming to BB20 arriving Wednesday evening. We have a cabin reserved in Moab Rim Park and wouldn't miss this unless we were ill. So you will still have to deal with us, like it or not. :haha:

Kim and I would still consider riding on the trails if anyone has 2 seats open.

If there is only 1 seat open, Kim says she'd go shopping (:1zhelp:) and site seeing. Plus she says she could help out at the BBQ and raffle.

AugustDiesel likes this.
  16. Fastereddie

Fastereddie Sorry if I offended you. Not. Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    That’s a bummer, but at least you still get to come!

AugustDiesel likes this.
  17. 6872xtc

6872xtc make mine modified Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    @wheels87k5 I am sorry to hear that you can't bring your own ride, but very glad that you are going to come anyway!

I will also tell you that if you get a chance to ride with @ktmoutfront , you will have a good time! It may seem slightly out of control to some, but if you have seen him in action before, then it isn't a concern.
    I giggled like a kid!!!!
    :saweet: