Bicycles

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by bmxbryant9, Dec 8, 2017.

1. bmxbryant9

bmxbryant9 Let's go wheelin Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    I have some all mountain style frame tape. It's held up good for the past year and you can order it with a pattern on it and it changes the look of your bike a bit. For the wheels, did you try working both beads to the center of the rim then I would just grab the tire and try to roll it off the rim. Just using pressure on the ground and your hands vertically. Maybe get a sponge and get that edge of the rim a little wet/soapy to help the tire slide off

2. JoshHefnerX

JoshHefnerX 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Build(s):
    Yeah, I was trying to get it in the dip in the center but when I found the profile of the wheel there's not much dip, 4-5mm max and the tube takes up some space. Gonna give it another shot maybe tonight. Think these maxxis tires fit tight.

May buy some generic tape and cut my own panels from it. Not a ton of choices out there for matte paint.

I will say this bike is beating the hell out of me. Been off the bike for too long (5wks) and my fitness level has gone down noticeably. That seat is killing me too... Some serious tenderizing to the wrong parts.. Gonna try one of the other seats I have around here when I change out the dropper post.

bmxbryant9 likes this.