Blazer Bash 2018 dates have been approved.

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by ktmoutfront, Dec 20, 2017.

1. GWeakland620

GWeakland620 THE CK5 Crayon Eater Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    Well equipped with only a crew cab with open diffs and 285's, I will be limited to what we see offroad.

2. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    I ran many trail with open diffs 10 & 12 bolt on 33 then 35's for years. The very first trail I ever ran was Hell's that way, in Twinkie, which had a 4 inch lift and tires and that is it.

For the most part every hard obstacle has a bypass or sorts.

and you have a few months to make some additions.

3. GWeakland620

GWeakland620 THE CK5 Crayon Eater Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    Not on a mainly towing/camper rig. I don't/can't run any larger tire, and I am not adding any traction devices.

4. oatsk5

oatsk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Gemini bridges def doable in your truck. There's a bunch of stock freindly stuff to do in Moab.

5. 72gmck5

72gmck5 Fix, break, rinse, repeat. Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    Watched an obs Ferd CCLB make it up potato salad, it was sitting stock. He was crazy though, and I second @oatsk5 there's lots of stock friendly wheeling in and around Moab

F.S.F.W and GWeakland620 like this.
  6. Tommyt350

Tommyt350 Newbie

Hi I am Tom, Or Your Member "Suntadz's" Brother-in-law and went to BB 08 as a "Ride-along" with Rob, Was a really fun trip for me as my life at the time, just plane Sucked, I had just broke up with girl a 15 plus year relationship, and needed a "Change" so for me was a Very Memorable trip, as a "Moment Of Fun" at that time, and not just memorable because we got "pulled over in Price Utah", cause the "Law Officer" saw "California License Plates" and an "Ice Chest" in the back of "Rob's truck"... Ya I had 8 Murphy's Extra Stout Unopened Cans containing an Alcohol % of 9.2.. At which point I thought we would be "Lynched" for crossing state lines etc etc..

I Distinctly recall, as The "Officer Began... "Well well, What do we have here? and Do you know what the Legal % of Alcohol Utah Allows if you were not in a "Dry County"? (It was likely an "Audible Gulp" i Did, cause I remember thinking "Ok We're done!") as I told the Officer, "Well, No Sir, not really"? What is a "Dry County"? Although I made the Officer Laugh, it was not that "Reassuring" of a Laugh I was hearing... Ya To this day I don't know exactly how we got out of that without even a ticket? and the Officer even let me "Keep my Unopened Contraband" from across state lines? What I do know from all of that, is in counties allowing Alcohol the limit in the can is 2.3%, A Percentage Soo low, I don't think you can even find beer here in Cali that low of content? Unless your in the "Near Beer" Selection... I can Only Feel Sorry for those stuck in that state Who wish to become a Beer Connoisseur, as Opportunity just isn't in Utah... (I can see the young Utah adult with Illegal beer amongst friends... as well "Look Cali Beer", Can't get this shit around here!)

It's Good to See there is still a "turn out" (Was Scrolling through your past 10 years of BB photos, while wishing I had been to all of them and not just the 2008 BB, Rob Has Long Traded in (Sold) his 85 Stepside ("Tonka Truck") for a "Pretty Pavement Pounder" Chevy Avalanche, I guess it rides the "Family and Kids Better" or at least my sister can "Get into the Newer Pavement Pounder Chevy" without Bitching everytime about needing a ladder just to get in... (I don't really know if Rob has Gone off road in it, but it looks like it would break shit in a Dirt parking lot, What I mean is I don't think it's anything else than Money and More Money to take an Avalanche off road... No Offence to Rob and his Car choice, as I totally understand "Family First" and the "Pavement Pounder" he has Now is Exactly that, a good Family thing...)

I was a Bit saddened however as to the "Availability" of Pics here in this Forum, on the 08 BB Event as many pics were "Unavailable" for various reasons, And was wondering if say a "Zip Download" from archive was Available? As a "Free Suggestion" and Because I am a Cheap Bastard, Have your Forum Admin (sysop) "Index your "EVERYTHING WEBSITE AND LINKS" on the "Wayback Machine" (Free Internet Archive) and this way Accounts and Picture locations are "Frozen in time"... (can Take a daily "snapshot" Free)
    Click here -> {https://web.archive.org/} to find out more...

At The moment I Have a "Rolled 07 Toyota FJ Cruiser" which I intend to Straighten and Re-Glass as So to be Highway legal, and money at the moment is tight, but One day things will be all "Done and Ready" and I would like to Attend a BB Event again, (again was a Highlight of fun for me in a time of Dwelling Despair), and I guess for this reason if not anything else, I found BB 08 More than Incredibly fun... Worth being Lynched in Price Utah for 9.2% Across state line Beer... Next time Beer won't be in the "Ice Chest" while I travel... (Wink, Wink)

Thank you for "the Great time" 10 years ago, and for reading this memory that I thought I would share...

PS.. I remember the "Broken Drive Shaft", "a Tough break" but I did notice the Shaft was of "Custom Square Stock" and unless protected a Weak Spot, when Rock Crawling... (Also likely a "Violent Vibration" when Contact is made) But you likely already know this...

7. Tommyt350

Tommyt350 Newbie

I am a little out of the Way (Bay Area Cali - Concord Ca.) and a "Rolled FJ" But if your looking for Company It is Possible I would like to a "Ride-along" I have been to BB 08, and really miss it... if not it's ok maybe I will see you there?

I have been to Long Beach 4 times now Jet Blue for a one way price of $29 I would need a month advance to get this price, and would pay double that to get to San Diego (Dono haven't checked any price yet) Just so you know...

8. Bent77

Bent77 Blue Long Beds are Sexy Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    Most the pictures are broken either due to Photobuckets greed or the fact that the forum software has changed and some of that stuff didn’t make it.

Best way to solve that is to show up and make some more memories

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
    AgDieseler and 4door99 like this.
  9. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Build(s):
    I was wondering what had happened to Rob. If I remember right he made it the year after you came with him.

I'm sure you'd enjoy a second trip out to Blazer Bash.

10. campfire

campfire Adventure is out there! Premium Member

Build(s):
    When did you move back South again?

11. campfire

campfire Adventure is out there! Premium Member

Build(s):
    Is that a promise that you'll have multiple powered differentials by this summer? :woot:

GWeakland620 likes this.
  12. Truckman4life

Truckman4life 3/4 Ton Status Premium Member

Build(s):
    I got a Journeyman Equipment Mechanic Foreman position at one of the power plants back in eastern Utah where my wife is from back in mid October. Worked out great since we used to live here like 4 yrs ago before I moved to Moab when I got hired with the power company. We are now back where we used to live, by family, and with a really great job.

13. 74Chevy454

74Chevy454 Registered Member

Hey man I live in Vacaville about 30 min from you, I am currently working on my blazer I have never been to BB but I hope I will be able to make it this year. Just figured I'd hit you up

bmxbryant9 and 72gmck5 like this.
  14. F.S.F.W

F.S.F.W Caught up in the movement Premium Member

Build(s):
    I need to start showing my wife some pics of the scenery again to confirm the “yes”...

GWeakland620 and Truckman4life like this.
  15. Truckman4life

Truckman4life 3/4 Ton Status Premium Member

Build(s):
    I was just down there Tues for work and it still always amazes me.

F.S.F.W likes this.
  16. Bent77

Build(s):
    C02AC044-6BE2-418A-A94A-C1CF0DDF0411.png

17. ktmoutfront

ktmoutfront Being right all of the time is exhausting Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    You posted that because it is orange?

F.S.F.W likes this.
  18. Justin V

Justin V I should've stayed up there Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    You are witty when witty is not expected...

Bent77 likes this.
  19. Bent77

Build(s):
    It’s becoming my favorite spite color

20. ktmoutfront

ktmoutfront Being right all of the time is exhausting Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    I think Sprite can are green.