CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Blazer Bash 2022 trail requests. Registration is open. T-shirt sales end August 8th.

Blazer Bash

Wishing we were in Moab
Premium Member
Reaction score
I need trail recommendations on what y'all want to run.

Here is the deal this year. Because of our DOI/BLM and SITLA permits, if you are out there for Blazer Bash, you need to have the trails you run registered for the event. Last year we had a lot of people pay for one day to get into the BBQ and raffle, then wheel their own stuff. Then posted the pictures in the Blazer Bash threads. Not this year. If you and 2 buddies want to run a trail, let us know.

2 reasons.

The permits and the fixed costs are spread out over the enter event. So we pay a base permit price for both permits. DOI/BLM is then calculated by the number of people on the each trail each day. SITLA is the same, but we rarely hit the minimum. It is a much higher buy in. So if you are doing your own thing, everybody else is cover your cost for what you are doing.

Also, the insurance and the Old City Park have a fixed cost. This is spread out over everyone at the vent also. So if you sign up for one day and do the BBQ, you are essentially throwing everyone else under the bus to cover your portion of these costs.

That said......

POST UP THE TRAILS YOU WANT TO RUN.

Link to last years trail thread.

Friday...

The Pickle
Shaffer Sitchbacks, Muscleman Arch, Laverne and Shirley Leap (easy and scenic)

Saturday...

Pritchett
Kane Creek
Golden Spike

Sunday...

Hells Revenge
Moab Rim

Last edited:

Blazer Bash

Wishing we were in Moab
Premium Member
Reaction score
I should also mention, if you have a trail you want to lead, let us know. We will also start another thread for trail leaders later.

You get an atta boy from me and a free Trail Boss t-shirt from the event.

r3dd0g

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I'm assuming trails we need to list are only trails that are run fri/sat/sun correct? If we're running stuff earlier in the week it doesn't matter?

I'd love to do Kane Creek again and I'll lead Pritchettetetete''' on one of the days.

Bent77

curmudgeon Status
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I'm assuming trails we need to list are only trails that are run fri/sat/sun correct? If we're running stuff earlier in the week it doesn't matter?

I'd love to do Kane Creek again and I'll lead Pritchettetetete''' on one of the days.
Correct, just the F/S/S trails are the ones we have to have “straight”

ZooMad75

#crawlabago
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I don't mind helping lead an easy trail one day. What trail is the plane crash site on?

Also, now that I know I have the ability to run the whole week prior to the event do you need any contribution on the permits if we run prior to the event? I understand those trail discussions will need to go into a different section of the forum outside of the BB forum too.

ZooMad75

#crawlabago
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Just looked it up. Is the plane crash site on Lockhart Basin? If so that's totally up my alley. Larry's run it multiple times so if his rig fit, I know mine would. I'll push Larry to see if he could join us too.

I'd suggest running it on Saturday so we don't run the risk of not being back in town prior to the BBQ on Friday.

Bent77

curmudgeon Status
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
@ktmoutfront
What’s the Friday bunny trail?

Reason I ask: lots of bitching last year about no Hells Revenge
And no, I’m not interested in running it this year either

72gmck5

Fix, break, rinse, repeat.
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
You lead it, you run it
There’s already mention of doing it Sunday
:D Just playin, but I am looking at the list of trails. Last year I had Behind the Rocks voluntold on me and I found it fun to lead.

Bent77

curmudgeon Status
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
:D Just playin, but I am looking at the list of trails. Last year I had Behind the Rocks voluntold on me and I found it fun to lead.
Hells on Sunday it is, thanks for stepping up!

Blazer Bash

Wishing we were in Moab
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just looked it up. Is the plane crash site on Lockhart Basin? If so that's totally up my alley. Larry's run it multiple times so if his rig fit, I know mine would. I'll push Larry to see if he could join us too.

I'd suggest running it on Saturday so we don't run the risk of not being back in town prior to the BBQ on Friday.
Saturday is the Plane crash lead by ZooMad75. Thanks.

I was hoping to do Kane Creek on Saturday. Because it can be time consuming with the larger group, or if I put the Jimmy somewhere that it should not be, assuming I take it and it survives until then.

I just always assume you will lead Pritchett one day. Thanks.

Top Bottom