CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Chasing leaks np205

SpeedlabDan

Keepin it trashy never classy
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
:dunno:ok so I rebuilt my np205 last winter but didn't reseal the figure 8 adapter and found my clapped out th350 would dump into the tcase and overfill it. I recently dropped the trans n had it rebuilt and upgraded to withstand the power I now make.
While I had the tcase on the bench again I figured I'd reseal the figure 8 adapter and install the output bearing support from ORD since the new seal would leak with the old yoke.
Fast forward I now have a high angle driveline drive flange. No more over filling from the trans thru the adapter but still this pesky drip!
Every seal is new and supposedly installed in the correct direction. The vent is extended up to the firewall and clear. I also don't see any drip trail short of baby powdering it which I haven tried yet. I'm honestly ready to change back to gear oil since there's no longer any passage leak.

IMG_9728.JPG

diesel4me

1 ton status
- In Memoriam -
Reaction score
Are there any o-rings under the bolt heads,or any sealant on the threads of the bolts ?...ATF can sneak thru the smallest of gaps and will seek out any..I think GM used o-rings under the adapter bolt heads ?..

SpeedlabDan

Keepin it trashy never classy
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Are there any o-rings under the bolt heads,or any sealant on the threads of the bolts ?...ATF can sneak thru the smallest of gaps and will seek out any..I think GM used o-rings under the adapter bolt heads ?..
Now that ya say it, I'm pretty sure that I didn't thread seal the bolts! I don't think an oring will work unless I pull the the cover and countersink the 5 holes for relief. Thanks @diesel4me for the heads up!

Top Bottom