CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

CK5er needs help, getting screwed by Jegs

tRustyK5

Big meanie
Staff member
Super Moderator
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
Seeing as he won't ask himself, I'm doing it for him. @bix

A couple of months ago my friend Nick (bix here) ordered a set of Hedman headers for his Blazer from Jegs. I always had good luck with Jegs...

With the exchange rate (Nick is in Canada) and shipping the headers are close to $700. Jegs has shipped something to the wrong address twice...both times sending something that may or may not have been headers to his old address in Edmonton, then a second package (7 lbs according to tracking) to his correct address, but with Edmonton as the city again.

Exasperated Nick has asked for a refund, and has been on the phone with them daily...getting one bullshit story after another. The current status is no parts, and nothing on the way now with Jegs still having Nicks money.

Thoughts on escalating this?

76zimmer

Flyin Rat
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I've always had great service from Jegs as well.
Is there someway I can help???
was there a tracking # on the shipped parts?
Does he have the order confirmation showing the correct address?

Reactions: bix

rpcraft

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Credit card disputes are fairly common. Hopefully they can be given a chance to rectify the situation before going that route. Seems like a bit of a shame that the people who received the previous shipments didn't have the where-with-all to return the shipment or something similar.

sweetk30

I build stuff
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
have not done jegs in years . . . they screwed up a tire order . . . printed a ship tag with a zipcode that didn't exist . took a week to get the 4th tire after I called ups to get a hands on and new tag .

as said summit racing is my place these days .

and dispute with cc company will solve it for him .

Tnsejed

6al4v
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
He's into it pretty deep timewise, so now I think I'd be talking to the shipper. Depending on the shipper he should be able to call the shipping company directly and have the package address changed to his correct address. If its UPS or Fedex that's pretty easy.

Even though Jegs f'uped atleast he has a quick chance of getting headers. Sure his CC company can refund the charge, but he's still got to do it all over again with summit when there's a good chance correct headers are just a city away.

bix

...Not higher, but lower?
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input guys. I made this order on March 29... The proper headers were sent on April 5th to my old Cc billing address when I specifically Had the lady on the phone make sure NOT to ship there. She repeated my proper address back to me and confirmed what I had told her. Where do they send them too? My billing address in Edmonton..this is a jeggs problem not a FedEx problem... Not a clue who lives there and like hell anyone is going to return them..

Time goes by and I get a replacement package shipped.. But they are back ordered so they don't ship until April 18th. When I finally get the tracking number for the shipment it states the package is 7 pounds... So I call jeggs and ask them what's going on. Not only was the wrong package shipped but this time they sent it to my proper address but in Edmonton AB and not Bc... The lady on the phone apologized greatly and I asked for my money back.. She said absolute no problem at all, she apologized for jeggs mistakes and said she put a stop and return order on the package and once fed ex had brought it back I would get a refund.... It's now may 14 and still no money. Around may 4th I was told by a gentleman that they would be receiving the package the next day and a refund would take 3 business days after that to receive. I got angry and gave up and decided to just wait the 3 days.. Still no refund.. So I call back again... The stop and return order was never done so the package was shipped to some fairly tale address that doesn't exist and now everyone isnt sure what to tell me about refund. I was supposed to get a call back Friday after one lady emailed her supervisor about what to do and no call back. I called yesterday and no one could help me because " Sheryl " or whatever wasn't in that day and now she's handling my file.....
I assume I have been lied to a few times and I'm ready to call my CC company and ask for my money back. I hadn't thought about doing that so thanks for that idea guys.

bix

Premium Member
Reaction score
Even if something was free I wouldn't recommend jeggs to anyone after this..

tRustyK5

Big meanie
Staff member
Super Moderator
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
I'd definitely call your CC company and work it from that direction. Clearly Jegs isn't doing anything to actually help you or fix their mistakes.

bix

Premium Member
Reaction score
I've always had great service from Jegs as well.
Is there someway I can help???
was there a tracking # on the shipped parts?
Does he have the order confirmation showing the correct address?

On my invoices it shows the correct address...
Screenshot_20170514-083701.png Screenshot_20170514-083559.png

bix

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd definitely call your CC company and work it from that direction. Clearly Jegs isn't doing anything to actually help you or fix their mistakes.

Going to call now and see what they say. I've always had good luck with them even when being frauded or pushed around from companies.

bix

Premium Member
Reaction score
Filed a dispute with the CC company. A supervisor is supposed to get back to me within a couple business days.

Kain

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
i started using summit not only do they stand by the products they stand by the customers as well.............

bix

Premium Member
Reaction score
I never talk to a live person to order anything on the internet because they will screw it up, and blame it on you. I always do it through the online web site order system. I have not had too many problems with Jegs except for when I talked to a live person to order something, and they screwed it up. I would do more business with Summit Racing, but because I live in The state of Nevada...I get taxed.

i ordered this online through JEGS website. They called me because the billing address i entered for my CC did not match the mailing address i had also entered. They called to verify and i made sure they knew why i did that.

i started using summit not only do they stand by the products they stand by the customers as well.............

I have never used jegs before, this is the first time ever doing so. They had the headers on sale so i figured what the hell.... little did i know:doah:

Kain

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
sucks this happened to you and hope it gets straitened out

ChrisPerry

Contemplating links
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
i ordered this online through JEGS website. They called me because the billing address i entered for my CC did not match the mailing address i had also entered. They called to verify and i made sure they knew why i did that.

I have never used jegs before, this is the first time ever doing so. They had the headers on sale so i figured what the hell.... little did i know:doah:

Next time do a price match at Summit Racing. I have to agree with the bad stuff about Jegs, I've used them 3-4x's and had issues 2x's. Both were with shipping problems.

I've made probably 50+ orders from Summit Racing, only 1 shipping issue, and it was the carriers fault.

Blue85

Yooper
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
How long does it take for a CC company to update your billing address? I mean, don't they know where you live?

JoshHefnerX

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
They do when they want your money.

Was gonna say, glad you got the ball rolling w/ the dispute. Some cards give you crap when you try to dispute over 3 months.

bix

Premium Member
Reaction score
How long does it take for a CC company to update your billing address? I mean, don't they know where you live?

I have never had a paper bill sent to me in my life by my CC's. I pay them more than i need to every month and i do it all online. No point wasting paper and a mailmans time for no reason. The problem is even the second time they couldn't get it right, they got half of it right but not the other half of my address. They clearly are incompetent at what they do and its a shame roadkill sponsors these goofs.. i have never had an issue from summit. Lesson learned.

They do when they want your money.

Was gonna say, glad you got the ball rolling w/ the dispute. Some cards give you crap when you try to dispute over 3 months.

Yea they were a little hesitant at first but i explained to them how this all happened and they seemed happy after that i have put so much effort in to get the refund from JEGS before calling them to dispute it.

Spoke with JEGS today and apparently a supervisor has to approve my refund... every time i call its a different story. Sure glad i got the ball rolling with capital one to get my money back.

Top Bottom