CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

condensing down 56"duelly springs for blazer

k5texan

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
condensing down 56\"duelly springs for blazer

i plan on rebuilding a set of duelly springsfor the rear. it has 12 leaves plus the overload. i was wondering how many leaves to leave in there and should i keep the overload. i was thinking 3 plust the overload.
thanks
jared
ps sorry if i reply slow not much time between school and work.

jjlaughner

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
Re: condensing down 56\"duelly springs for blazer

numbering from top to bottom
1 - main leaf

I'd keep 1,2,3,6,9,12 and the overload maybe /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif I'd judge by length, post a pic /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

I'm using a 3/4ton 56" pack, leaves #1&2, then all the 52" pack minus the top leaf.

R72K5

Banned
Reaction score

using a 3/4 ton 56" pack would be same as using a 70s big 10 or heavy half 56" 1/2 ton pack, they are 8-leaf packs

you should easily be able to condense a 1 ton dually pack down to how you want it to perform, IE how much weight it can handle and how much flex it gives you

good luck

k5texan

1/2 ton status
Reaction score

i want it to be pretty flexy so i was thinking 4 plus overload like the 52 and i plan on adapting the 52s up front so i dont want to use them. im thinking about using the first 2 them skipping down quite a few and using 2 more plus the overload.
thanks for any input
jared

BadDog

SOL
Staff member
Super Moderator
Author
Reaction score

We did this on my son's K5, but I don't remember what combo is in there right now. Still yet to be tested too, so it might need adjusting. Fortunately for us (and you) there are plenty of options. We have 4 + overload right now. Seems like it was pretty close to every other one after the first tow. Seems very flexy right now...

Top Bottom