Welcome To CK5!
Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.
Score a FREE Membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.
Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MNorby, Nov 28, 2006.
Hey, did you put those steps in the side of your bed or was it like that when you got it? I kinda like those and would consider that on my rig
they were on it when I bought the rig. definately not stock because whoever had to cut the inner part of the step out some to fit aorund the rocker box
That's starting to look like a serious trail rig Did you leave the front axle in the same spot after swapping in the 52's in the front or did you move it back some with a zero rate?
its still much forward than stock. If I had a stock rig to measure I would let ya know exactly how much. You might be able to see it better in my cut fenders and 52 thread
That drivetrain looks great in there - really tucked in nicely.
That doesn't encroach too badly into the inside of the truck....you can still build a "believable" cover over that and not feel like there's a whale between the seats!!!
Is the driveline (specifically the xfer case) any higher than stock? 1st Gens have a pretty lousy layout below the framerails compared to the later K5s....
Any side profile pics to really show the ground clearance under the frame???
The crossmeber only hangs down 2" below the frame and with the suspension and tire setup currently I have 25.5" belly clearance.
got the trailer out of the shop so got a more straight on pic
Really liking the ride you're turning that blazer into.
Very nice.....IIRC, a stock 1st Gen has that crossmember hanging down something like 6".....what a plowblade!!!
Throw some AR Steel plate over that crossmember and you'll be ready to OWN the trails!!!
Thanks guys . Yeah I built that crossmember flat like that so I can build a good skid on it. After I get the front shaft on and see where it will run I'll build one.
Where's the rear mount for the 205?
Can't seem to see it in the pics, maybe I'm just missing it.
this is the rear mount in the build. I have a rubber to go on top too but it didn't arrive till after I took these pics. the 2 peices of tube going front to back is where this bracket sites with a rubber mount between and on top of this bracket. The big holes you see are big enough for a socket to fit through to tighten that bolt for the mounts and still be perfectly flat on bottom. Make sense?
I figured you had plans for one, was just curious.
How far out are you from being able to wheel it?
if I could stay home for a weekend I could prob have it running in a full day but I keep going snowmobiling every weekend since the snow started to fall. I hope I can work on it a few nights this week before I head out again this weekend and be able to fire up the engine. I gotta hook up my guages to the engine yet and top off with water. Install my tranny cooler and hook up lines and hook up my fuel return to tank line and it should fire. I installed a ford starter selinoid and got all that wires and it cranks now.
Man, it's looking great!!
I like the Boise State color combo on the crossmember and T-case !
i originally painted the cases blue to match my buggy. They are gonna turn black here really soon.
ok took a better pic today after I finally put the upper rubbers on the doubler adapter mounts
Separate names with a comma.