CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

D60 owners-info needed....

tRustyK5

Big meanie
Staff member
Super Moderator
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
All Chev 60's are 35 pline inner, 30 spline outer king pin diff's. A lot of the older Dodge 60's are the same. Not sure when it started but the newer Dodge ones are "Central Axle disconnect" versions with ball joints. Avoid those...

3/4 ton brakes can be made to work...but they don't just bolt on. FWP runs 3/4 ton brakes on his. I don't see the advantage though.

A dodge 60 doesn't need much of anything to work under a Chev...excpet the perch width is a little different. Mudhog runs a dodge D60 under his Blazer and I'm pretty sure he just pried the springs a little and made it work. Az-Kickin does make some offset spring eye bushing to correct the spring width though if spreading the springs a little concerns you.

Rene

uglychevyZZ4

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
if spreading things apart a little concerns you.

[/ QUOTE ]
nah, I have 4 kids, and it wud'nt on accident /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif thanks Rusty, just makin sure i was correct, i was, i didnt think there was a different version.

az-k5

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I got a dodge 60 in too. Spreading the springs (the way it is now) kills bushings real quick. I am offsetting the shackles and trimming the front bushing to fix it this afternoon. Mine is a 1990 king pin BTW.

84gmcjimmy

1 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
that isnt in the manual?

[/ QUOTE ]

What manual?

[/ QUOTE ]

That manual!

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

tRustyK5

Big meanie
Staff member
Super Moderator
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
mj has a webshots page with the entire D60 manual. Do a search for "ausername" on webshots and you should find it.

Rene

84_Chevy_K10

Banned
Reaction score
Ahh. Thanks. I've got much of his D60 stuff on my harddrive here at my dad's house, but at my moms where I was when I posted above, I didn't have it available.

84_Chevy_K10

Banned
Reaction score
I completely forgot. All this wrenching I've been doing on my '60 and all I've been using is my repair manual. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Top Bottom