Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dana 60 dually F vs dana 60 SRW F

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by hi pinion, Feb 19, 2005.

1. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Ok, what needs to be done to a dually dana 60 front ,,to get it to work in our trucks? Opposed to the regular dana 60. Is it stuff that needs to be taken to a shop to have done? If so how much? How much of a PITA is it to covert over? And what sort of dollar amout are we looking at?:)

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

just switch the hub and rotor assbly out all other parts are the same. and people running h1 wheels will use the duelly hubs on there rigs for the extra spacing to clear rims. i did this on my axle and works great.

3. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Cost? Also, whats the availability on the parts needed? If i found one of these (witch i did) how much are they worth withough the 456 gears? With the 410 ratio? Considering id have to change the gears out, and do work on the hubs, i dunno if its worth it :)

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

most of the time on ebay thay bring 200-300 less than a single frt unit. and the carrier split is 4.10/4.56 so yes carrier or thick gears. and hub assblys are on ebay all the time new and used. the rotor is different tho. the stud holes are bigger on sw frts for the stud. drw frts are bolt on units . but some have drilled out to bigger hole.

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

SRW hubs can be had cheaper through GMPartsDirect.com than the EBay guys charge. plus, they're genuine GM parts.