Fuel lines

k5blazerguy

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have my 79 blazer. Just pulled my 305 with Holley TA. I have a vortec 350 goin in its place. I’m gonna have to run an electric pump anyway. I bought a Holley in line pump, So now I’m debating replacing the tank with 87 tank and installing electric pump in tank. I’ve been struggling with making this a big project and being without my truck for longer. Lol.
I do have a FiTech TB that was on my sons truck. I think the computer or something on it went out. It just quit. I got frustrated with it and my son needed his truck for school so just slapped a carb back on. I’m thinking I could send it to FiTech to fix and use it instead of the Holley TA........
With that said, if I decided to fix the FiTech. Would fuel lines from an 87 blazer hold up to the pressure? I was reading about using a pump from 96 and up Tahoe or suburban. If not, what other fuel lines are recommended?
I even have a Q-jet too I could put on. If it’s even worth the hassle of replacing all this stuff.
thanks!!

skunked

phat block everything
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
The FiTech will need a 6an feed and return and the in tank pump ( ACDELCO EP381) works well with a TBI tank and sending unit. You'll also need a filter, most of us are using the later silverado/tahoe inline filters from the late 90's, early 2000's since they're readily available.

The 87 blazer runs on lower pressure however I believe some have used a section of the factory plumbing.

ZooMad75

#crawlabago
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
TBI lines are capable running higher pressure. I'm running factory rear lines on my '91 with the 8.1 and a ac delco ep381 pump pushing 65 psi. No issues.

mrk5

The Sticker Guy
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
Same as ZooMad75 for me. The part number for the 87 TBI filter will be the same as the filter skunked mentioned; they just sell the same high pressure filter for both applications. That's the filter I'm running with my aftermarket EFI.

I've had trouble finding TBI sending units in stock anywhere. Hopefully you'll have better luck if you decide to go that route.

k5blazerguy

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
TBI lines are capable running higher pressure. I'm running factory rear lines on my '91 with the 8.1 and a ac delco ep381 pump pushing 65 psi. No issues.
When you say rear lines, are you talking about from the fuel filter back to the tank? What about the TBI return line?

ZooMad75

#crawlabago
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Unfortunately they aren't available anymore. I used the front lines from a Workhorse rv chassis. Workhorse has been done for over 10 years.

mrk5

The Sticker Guy
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
I got my TBI sending unit in stock from summit.
You got luckier than me. This is what I've been seeing every time I've check since fall last year.

2021-03-17.png

Thought I got lucky last month and found one on O'Reilly's website, but when it showed up the sending unit in the box was not the correct one. Went to try re-ordering it, and they were out of stock.

skunked

phat block everything
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
You got luckier than me. This is what I've been seeing every time I've check since fall last year.

View attachment 371906

Thought I got lucky last month and found one on O'Reilly's website, but when it showed up the sending unit in the box was not the correct one. Went to try re-ordering it, and they were out of stock.

Rockauto has them in stock. Also see them available on ebay.

k5blazerguy

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I emailed fitech waiting to hear response. Seeing if I can send this back to them and what the costs are on fixing.
If not, I’ll have to run a carb for now and save up cash for another unit.
but since I have to run an electric pump with my vortec 350 anyway......may as well do it right the first time. I could go ahead and get a TBI tank with the ep381 and run new lines,......Just wondering if the 60psi will be too much for the Holley regulator to feed a carb?

mrk5

The Sticker Guy
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
Rockauto has them in stock. Also see them available on ebay.
Last one I tried on ebay the order was canceled because they didn't actually have it in stock. That seller told me they had been running short on supply since the start of covid. I swear I'm not making this up; I have been legitimately looking. I'm not saying they are impossible to find, just difficult. My point is more along the lines of if you find one, get it while you can. I did finally get one a couple weeks ago; it was just a pain.

I emailed fitech waiting to hear response. Seeing if I can send this back to them and what the costs are on fixing.
If not, I’ll have to run a carb for now and save up cash for another unit.
but since I have to run an electric pump with my vortec 350 anyway......may as well do it right the first time. I could go ahead and get a TBI tank with the ep381 and run new lines,......Just wondering if the 60psi will be too much for the Holley regulator to feed a carb?
Is it a return style regulator? I wouldn't want to deadhead 60psi. Even with the regulator, I'm wondering if you'd have issues trying to run a carb with that pump. I would be concerned that a regulator rated for 60+ psi would be able to function well at lot low pressure; you wouldn't want more than 6 or 8 psi to a carb.

k5blazerguy

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Last one I tried on ebay the order was canceled because they didn't actually have it in stock. That seller told me they had been running short on supply since the start of covid. I swear I'm not making this up; I have been legitimately looking. I'm not saying they are impossible to find, just difficult. My point is more along the lines of if you find one, get it while you can. I did finally get one a couple weeks ago; it was just a pain.

Is it a return style regulator? I wouldn't want to deadhead 60psi. Even with the regulator, I'm wondering if you'd have issues trying to run a carb with that pump. I would be concerned that a regulator rated for 60+ psi would be able to function well at lot low pressure; you wouldn't want more than 6 or 8 psi to a carb.

Ok, I think I saw some sending units on LMC last night. showed in stock. Not sure their quality.

.......and yeah it may be too much. I may just have to wait longer to get the blazer goin again. Lol. Kills me when it’s down. I love driving it. Use it almost daily. Just gonna keep researching and gathering parts.....story of my life.

skunked

phat block everything
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score

I had to buy a sender & pump combo last year because I didn't want to wait for a sender alone. Demand has either slowed down and/or importing has caught up because they're available now.

Top Bottom