CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Full-size invasion 2018

THE TURD

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Who’s going to full-size invasion this year we are there 3/28-4/1

ktmoutfront

Blazer Bash presented by 3W Fabrication
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I will never make his event for 2 reasons.

1. My wife is in the middle of her work season and I refuse to take her dog with me.

2. I hate wheeling with crowds.

My brother goes to EJS every year. But he is a jeep guy who goes Jeeping with jeepers on jeep trails.:sign9:

TFP

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Myself and a few buddies are going, but it looks like we're only bringing a couple of rigs to wheel.

noJeepshere

I Drove Trains!
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I signed up for Steel Bender on Monday, gonna be there from 3/24-3/27. Any cabins or space available? My pops is coming with and that changes my plans a touch...

noJeepshere

I Drove Trains!
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I have found there is almost nothing available anywhere, and what there is is running at least $150 a night for hotel rooms, campsites are around $100 a night. I'm going to take my chances on a BLM campsite, I had good luck last year doing that, and the campground I was in wasn't even full.

truck-oholic

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I reserved a campsite at Kane Creek Campground for $35 a night. Going to sleep in the back of the Yukon tow rig. Getting in Sat night and leaving Thurs morning.

Edit: may have spoke too soon, booked online and then got a follow up email saying to contact the campground because they couldn't (more likely wouldn't) process my card, waiting to hear back from a voicemail i left them

Last edited:

truck-oholic

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do we have to officially register for FSI runs somewhere or just show up? I snagged the last Kane Creek ride spot for Tues with Red Rock group when there wasn't a preplanned FSI ride going on. Planning on attending most if not all FSI events 25-28.

noJeepshere

I Drove Trains!
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
The FSI page on facebook is telling everyone to sign up before the run (the sooner the better) so they can have an accurate count for things like shirts and group counts.

truck-oholic

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
The FSI page on facebook is telling everyone to sign up before the run (the sooner the better) so they can have an accurate count for things like shirts and group counts.

Yeah, i went ahead and did that and signed up for a RR4x group run of Kane Creek on Tues when there's nothing else happening.

Please tell me more about the BLM campground in case this other one falls through.

noJeepshere

I Drove Trains!
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
There are several campgrounds in the area, and they're first come first served. Last year I got to my site about 1 pm Saturday before ejs and had plenty of choices.

truck-oholic

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are several campgrounds in the area, and they're first come first served. Last year I got to my site about 1 pm Saturday before ejs and had plenty of choices.

Ok, good to go at Kane Creek. They still have spots available. It's $40 a night including tax if you book on booking.com and a little more if you book directly off the campground's website. That's for a deluxe camp site with trees and close by bath house.

Top Bottom