CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

GMC ==> Chevy parts

SS66

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Jimmys and Blazers seem to be able to use ( all? ) the same parts from one-another. Im wondering if its the same way with GMC and Chevy pickup trucks? Can a k30 trade parts with a Sierra 3500?

Thanks

dremu

Officious Thread Derailer
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
In general, in the same year or similar years, with the possible exception of trim parts & interior bits, that being what's different.

Depends, in other words, how far apart they are (model years).

tRustyK5

Big meanie
Staff member
Super Moderator
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
My truck is a real mix of Chev and GMC K5, K10, K20 and M1008 parts. It started life as a Jimmy...

If GM could use a part on multiple platforms they would. We have a 75 Oldsmobile sitting in a field where we work on our junk...and on a whim we pulled the front calipers off hoping we could turn them in for cores. They were the exact same calipers as the 3/4 ton front calipers my buddy just bought for his rear disc conversion. Previous to that we robbed the blower fan's squirrel cage for my blower fan...it was the same size and bolted right up.

Rene

SS66

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Ok thanks guys. I guess in the future I'll either be looking for a K30 with a 6.2 or a Sierra 3500 with a 6.2 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Top Bottom