CK5
Register an account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.

High line 4x4 05+ swap kit

obijuank5

1 ton status
 Premium
GMOTM Winner
Joined
Jul 3, 2016
Posts
10,248
Solutions
1
Reaction score
32,254
Location
Central Texas
Man if I had seen this last year I’d be on coilovers right now. Imo a very well thought out radius arm coilover kit for the 05+ ford Dana 60 axles. Very close to the way I had designed it for myself in my head.
Pretty slick overall for a weekend wheeler overland something kinda truck. Probably a good setup to adapt an upper link to and wheel it heavy.


6CEE62C0-F16F-4DB2-83BE-25F16A77C7A0.png
 
So here’s a dumb question. I know guys have done it for years but never have seen what is involved with the transfer case.

What do you have to do under the truck to swap in a driver’s side front axle and matching transfer case? I know a IFS 241 bolts up in place of a square body 241 but how’s the clearance under the truck since everything was intended for passenger side?
 
I do know that the squarebody tbi exhaust interferes with where the front shaft and tcase are.
You can flip the S crossmember and it will be fine there. I’m gonna do a cable linkage I just haven’t got around to it.
 
Probably clocked up? But berbillions of people wheel driver drop and a gm driver side oil filter without that happening.
 
Very cool. Ive got the hogback 05 swap kit (still in boxes of course) and had been noodling through how to adapt to coilovers. This look to be another well thought out kit.

Maybe hogback goes on the k5, and this kit goes on crewcab. Now i just need funding.
 
Wish they made a kit for the gm 60.
I asked about the 79 ford 60 and he said that wasn’t a problem to have axle side brackets made and a more universal radius arm. All the parts exist out there already for a gm 60 to link it really easily.
 
Top Bottom