Holley terminator x max

Discussion in 'The Injection Section' started by MetalMulishaMarcus, Jan 9, 2021.

1. MetalMulishaMarcus

MetalMulishaMarcus 1 Ton Status Premium Member

Hello all,

So I've got an 01 5.3 vortec (LS based) that I've been thinking of running a holley terminator x max on, who would be purchased through a member on here (@folkenheath).

I know there's tons and tons of videos and reviews online about the Holley Terminator but have any of you used this system? Have you or know anyone that has encountered any problems?

I recently seen a video on YouTube of a guys x max ecu going bad and not working at all but holley is fixing the problem (waiting for his youtube update).

I also read last night about the fiasco @sweetk30 has had with holley, although it is a different system..the customer service part scares me a little.

So do any if you guys have any feedback?

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 let it all BURN ! Premium Member

Build(s):
    just a heads up if no trans control needed the pro flo 4 edelbrock is a plug and play on gm ls engines for stock parts or full intake kit .

yes in short to specific what you said to me the customer support seemed to blame me a lot for the problems and slow to do a thing about it . and the tech support manager was a total dumb a$$ . he said i have had 2 exact built motors on a dyno and same efi and the end results were huge and not even close . . . so he was trying to blow smoke up my A$$ . . . didnt work . he even blamed my pour fuel mileage on my basicly stock 4x4 truck . :rotfl::rotfl:

what ever system you do pick tho do LOTS and LOTS of reading and feedback / you tube videos / forum chit chat / facebook sites . i wish i had done more my first go around .

folkenheath likes this.
  3. MetalMulishaMarcus

MetalMulishaMarcus 1 Ton Status Premium Member

I have been and haven't seen to many problems. I haven't been on Facebook but I guess ill be getting back on there for a while to hopefully get more info.

Thanks!

4. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Build(s):
    I've had good experience with Holley tech. I've had them replace a carb several years ago and the ECU on the Sniper EFI more recently even though they were both out of warranty. Didn't even have to argue.

The ECU on the Sniper failed after a short time, but the replacement has been going for nearly 6000 miles. Aside from that, it has run fine and I have no complaints.

I recently installed an Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4 (PF4) on my C10. It has a few quirks I had to work out with the tuning, but it runs great. I do wish it had more turning options like the Sniper. I got the PF4 from @folkenheath and I swear the Volcano mod must really help with the low end, because it amazes me how hard the old, stock 350 pulls from a stop.

Having had both the Holley Sniper and the Edelbrock PF4, I would still strongly consider a Holley Terminator Stealth for the next time I need EFI. For me the trans control would be a big benefit. While I like the PF4, it hasn't wowed me enough to pick it hands down for future needs. Really in the end it would come down to the situation and which one fits best.